This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markertplace Moron

On the Big Yellow Price Tag's website, we allow other, smaller businesses to sell their ware through something called the Marketplace. The condition is that the customer MUST return said product to that other business according to THEIR return policy's and not BYPT's. Said items can not be returned to our stores because they weren't bought from us.

Well, enter the lovely SC who came to our store today. She decided to explode and have a shitfit, eventually throwing the product in the trash when she didn't get her way.

If she'd only listened and stopped acting like a jackass, she might have learned how to get her money back. If she'd only READ (we know SC's don't do this) the online info about Marketplace, she could have thought better of her purchase in the first place.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
    On the Big Yellow Price Tag's website, we allow other, smaller businesses to sell their ware through something called the Marketplace. The condition is that the customer MUST return said product to that other business according to THEIR return policy's and not BYPT's. Said items can not be returned to our stores because they weren't bought from us.
    But the sale took place through BYPT's website, so some people (those who do not read the terms, which would be at least 99.99% using the marketplace service to buy things) expect they can return the product to a BYPT store.

Which, IMO, makes this Marketplace thing a profoundly stupid idea.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Maybe so, but the trend started with Amazon and numerous other retailers have gotten in on it, not just BYPT.

I always make a point of explaining what it is and how it works to my in-store customers, but there's only so much one person can do.
      "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Of course, the difference between BYPT and Amazon is Amazon has no stores for SCs to walk into.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Welcome to the world of long-tail marketing, Kitty.

It's all rockers from here on...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
            Of course, the difference between BYPT and Amazon is Amazon has no stores for SCs to walk into.
            I bet Amazon would indeed have this issue as well if they did!

Comment

London Underground are talking about closing all the ticket offices on the Tube network. If it goes ahead (there's a lot of opposition) then Amazon want to open collection centres in the closed offices.

I'm eagerly awaiting the first post from one of the poor sods who have to work there.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I think the "Marketplace" makes little sense for retail stores. Does it really make enough to be worth the hassle? I think it makes sites horribly cluttered. It's okay with The Big A since they have a decent search engine, but it blows at BYPT and Big S. Just introduces clutter and mess. If I wanted a bunch of poorly-differentiated listings, I'd just go to the Bay of e.

Comment

Newegg has a similar 'feature' and IME it just clutters everything up. If I'm looking for an LCD desktop monitor, I don't want 8 pages of laptop replacement screens from dubious Chinese sellers (although that's probably a problem with their search algorithm or keyword spamming by the seller).
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Oh, the marketplace... personally, BYPT.com's only redeeming quality anymore is the ability to check the box that says "by bypt.com only"
                    I love the stores, I spend far more money there than I should (seriously, I have the elite status to prove it, something that always surprises the cashier when they enter my loyalty number since I don't act like the typical "I'm an elite now kiss my ass" guest)... the website though... yeah, I'll use it for pre-orders and that is about it.
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                    X