This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video software?

<background>So I'm doing a giveit100.com project where I'm learning to play a bass. You have to upload 10 second videos (technically you can upload however long you want and they'll cut it to the first 10 seconds.
    Since I'm not doing this with anyone around I want to edit the videos before I post them and get rid of me starting my phone on record and getting ready to play </background>

Does anyone know of good freeware/app for editing a video taken on a cell phone down in size? I have an Android and would be willing to grab an app or a program for my computer (windows 7). The videos I'm taking are mp4s.

Thanks!
    A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Waterproof phone... Bass die pretty quick out of water.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      Waterproof phone... Bass die pretty quick out of water.
      The trick is learning how to tickle them just right
      A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

Quoth JambaBamba View Post
        The trick is learning how to tickle them just right
        That gets falsetto yodeling bubbles out of them.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Getting back to the topic at hand...

Quoth JambaBamba View Post
          Does anyone know of good freeware/app for editing a video taken on a cell phone down in size? I have an Android and would be willing to grab an app or a program for my computer (windows 7). The videos I'm taking are mp4s.
          Avidemux. The interface takes some getting used to, but basically:
          • load the video into Avidemux
          • select immediately before you want your 10 seconds to start and press the ] key to set the selection from the beginning to there
          • press DEL to delete the stuff selected
          • select +10 seconds (a bit hard to get exact using the mouse...) and press the [ key to set the selection from there to the end of the video
          • press DEL again
          • save

(I would've recommended VirtualDub instead, but it doesn't support mp4.)

EDIT: Avidemux (and VirtualDub) are for regular computers, not cell phones.
          Last edited by Deserted; 05-31-2014, 05:31 PM. Reason: footnote
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
          X