This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to inherit Lupo's clumsiness!

1. Show up to work on a Wednesday. (yes, this is important)
    2. Find the bag of popcorn kernels.
    3. Pour WAY too many popcorn kernels in the machine and not realise it.
    4. Turn the machine on.
    5. ???
    6. Set off the smoke alarm and then suddenly turn the switch off so it doesn't catch fire.

You would think I'd have learned my mistake by then wouldn't you?

Newp.

I did it TWICE.

Needless to say, I am now no longer allowed to make popcorn at work. My coordinator took it in good stride though, as she herself has set the smoke alarm off once and the former coordinator at that site (now working at another site) did the same thing.

Popcorn itself is notorious around some of the sites in my state as the machines seem to have a life of their own. They will refuse to cooperate and will then proceed to spew popcorn ten ways from Sunday, so you turn the power off, only to find it STILL spewing popcorn!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I was banned from popcorn making back in 2009... The popcorn machine tried to kill me multiple times, so for my own safety, I had a required distance I had to maintain when we would drag it out in Textbook Hell...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, my dear, but I MUST insist that you stop trying to imitate me now, before you get hurt!! :P

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
      I was banned from popcorn making back in 2009... The popcorn machine tried to kill me multiple times, so for my own safety, I had a required distance I had to maintain when we would drag it out in Textbook Hell...
      One of my coworkers (who has since been promoted) had a STANCE that she would do whenever she was asked to make popcorn. She'd stand as far back as she could, holding a plate over the top of the machine (most of the machines had long since lost their scoops) as far away as she could and with a look of "Oh crap" on her face every time.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, my dear, but I MUST insist that you stop trying to imitate me now, before you get hurt!! :P
      Oh I can go one better.

I somehow managed to slice the skin open on my finger with TONGS.

Comment

I once managed to cut myself shaving with an electric razor.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I managed to draw blood with...a storage tote. And it wasn't from the thing falling on me.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I once broke a rib by falling on my briefcase . . .

Comment

I forgot to add that the reason why Step #1 in my OP was important, was because it was at a different school. I'm at one school 2 days a week, another 2 days a week and then at yet another school for the final day (Sometimes 2 if I can score an afternoon shift).

This school is normally good. It's just the last 2 weeks I've somehow managed to set off the smoke alarm AND cut my finger with tongs. The cut is right near my nail, so I suspect the skin around there is slightly weaker to boot.

I'm asking the coordinator next week if I can do the ELC pickup instead! (ELC=Basically preschool. We care for a group of preschoolers in addition to our normal brood)

Comment

I have sliced my finger open more than once getting ice cubes from the bin. That ice is SHARP!

Comment

My best damaging-myself trick was when I was carrying ElderlyCat to the vet one day.

We'd parked in the shopping centre car park, and were walking to the point where we'd cross the road to the vet's office. There was some construction, so there was loose gravel on the path. Bast was walking with me, and I was carrying ElderlyCat in her carrier.

I slipped on the gravel. I do not have a clear memory of the next two seconds, but Bast saw it all.

Apparently, in the course of some number of milliseconds, I felt myself falling, then PLACED ElderlyCat's carrier on the ground beside me.
                  Then landed knees, palms of the hands, and CHIN, in the gravel. And skidded forward just enough to give me a wonderful case of gravel rash in all those locations.

Bast carried ElderlyCat the rest of the way to the vet's office. And the vet's assistant made a comment about it being the first time they had an injured human and a perfectly healthy cat to treat.

(ElderlyCat was just there for a checkup)
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I've chipped a toe bone by dropping a light weight (the really cheap aluminum type) tray on it. Nooo, it couldn't be the spindle assembly off a tractor that landed on my foot, leaving a wonderful bruise on the top. It had to a cheap little lap tray like you could get at a dollar store..
                    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I'd like to bring attention to the fact that I fell, HARD, putting on slip on shoes yesterday. Yup. shoes with no laces, no backs, nothing more than sliding your foot into one and I fell, hurt my ankle and wrist. Putting. on. shoes.

I am graceful

Comment

I whacked my forehead on the corner of a chest of drawers once, by turning my head to look at something at the same moment I was bending toward the piece of furniture. Still have a weird triangle shaped mark there
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

And the smoke alarm setting off continues!

We've since discovered that it's not just me overfilling the popcorn machine, it can also occur if we have it going for too long. (We can do enough for one big mixing-bowl-size batch, but that's it). According to Bossman (now the only actual bossMAN I work with), someone ELSE managed to almost BLOW UP their sites popcorn machine.

I also managed to set off the ACTUAL alarm at another school. Go me! *clap clap*

Comment

Working...
                          X