Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets pet the animals! What could possibly go wrong?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets pet the animals! What could possibly go wrong?

There's a fairly large horse stable next door to where I currently live, there's at least 15 acres of pasture out there from the looks of it, I've never broken out the yardsticks to check for sure.

Anyway, it's subdivided into six smaller pastures and they rotate the horses through so that no single one gets grazed/stomped to death.

The last field way in the back has a fence the runs parallel to my driveway.

Usually, everyone's been put away by the time I come home, but on occasion, if the weather is lousy or it's too hot during the day, evening turnout is put into effect, and they're getting out just as I'm getting home. Such was the case the other day.

Well, I thought I'd be friendly and say "hi" to everyone.... hand out some free pets and scratches.... what could go wrong?

That was a mistake, because now I have a new best friend.... 15 hands and 1,000 pounds of best friend, it looks like, who thinks we'd make great grooming partners, YAY! And since I'm scratching his back, he feels obligated to scratch mine...... *GLOMP!*

Well.... several saliva smears up and down my pantlegs/shirt and a knocked-off ballcap later, I managed to escape the experience.

It was like getting a hug from Lennie Small, he means no harm, but you'll be lucky to survive it!

Anyone else been attacked by an overly-affectionate animal lately?
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Well, can't say attacked really, because cats are kinda small, but I do have two that regularly demand my adoration, which I am usually quite happy to provide. Kitteh usually grabs my wrist in his paws when I'm petting his tummy. No claws, mind you, he's incredibly careful with the claws. But to keep me petting his tummy until HE decides that's enough.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I had a few minor scratches on my face a month ago before my juvenile pelican friend understood "not the face". It's all good now

Comment

I rented a horse for a trail ride and wasn't quick enough to scratch him when he nudged me for it. He got my attention then by opening his mouth and biting my entire...boob. The trail guide just laughed. My boob was black and blue. He was a good horse though.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Back in college I worked on a thoroughbred farm. I was slobbered on on a daily basis. Some of them, when their noses ran in the winter, would wipe rops of snot all over me. Sometimes when their faces were itchy they would rub them up and down my body, knocking me over.

I also have been bitten, lost toenails to hooves, had skin ripped off my hands when they yanked on their rope leads. Stallions are the meanest motherfrackers alive, I swear. If I'd known all this when I was a horse-crazed little girl...well, I'd still love horses. But they're not like Disney sidekicks, for sure.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I just took in a new cat because a friend of mine couldn't keep her anymore, and she's incredibly aggressive when she wants pets. First night I had her I hear her jump onto the couch where I'm laying on it. I turn my head and get headbutted and nearly pushed off the couch with the force of it.

Comment

Neighbor's dog likes to jump on me when I walk over and if my arm was much longer......well, he'd be a happier dog
              ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

This is how the dog greets my son when he gets home from school.
                Attached Files
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                  Kitteh usually grabs my wrist in his paws when I'm petting his tummy. No claws, mind you, he's incredibly careful with the claws. But to keep me petting his tummy until HE decides that's enough.
                  LOL my little dog is just like that. I always thought he was part cat... (Though he can't retract his claws...)

Back in high school, we discovered the neighbors were feeding out kitty snacks. They stopped when she started returning the favor by leaving mouse and squirrel carcasses on their walkway.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Taz likes to lick and pull at my hair when she's in a grooming mood. Sometimes she gets a bit too enthusiastic, but it's not intentional; she stops as soon as I say enough.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                      I rented a horse for a trail ride and wasn't quick enough to scratch him when he nudged me for it. He got my attention then by opening his mouth and biting my entire...boob. The trail guide just laughed. My boob was black and blue. He was a good horse though.
                      Bwahahahaha to him
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

My cats will
                        Head butt me
                        Crawl all over me, even weigh me down in bed
                        Take over my studio chair the moment I get up
                        Scratch at the toilet door.

Parents boxer can leap and like my face - I'm 6ft2

Comment

I have a head-butting cat too, who has a habit of sneaking up on me in darkened rooms and going for my ankles..... that second of terror as something sharp and fuzzy grabs you before your realize it's only the cat? I know it all too well.
                          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                            head-butting cat
                            Fear the BRO-FACE!
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                            X