This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run into a tree. Don't run into me.

This driver was an organ donor waiting to happen.

I had turned onto a road where the speed limit was 40. I'm almost up to it when all of a sudden I hear the squeeling of tires behind me. Some idiot on a motorcycle was speeding, and not paying attentionand almost ran Iinto me. He gets extra special points then passing me and yelling at me, because I was now going the speed limit. oh, yeah, it was also a double yellow line at that point as well.

So let's see - speeding, inattentive riding, illegal passing, and all around rude. I just hope that when he finally becomes an organ donor, he doesn't hurt anyone else.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Passing on a double solid yellow line? That's a no passing zone. Why is it designated as "no passing"? Because there's not enough visibility in either direction (if one direction had enough visibility, there would be a dotted line on that side) for someone to see that, in the distance it would take to pass the vehicle ahead of them, there is no oncoming traffic. If you try to pass, there could be an oncoming vehicle you can't see (due to hills, curves, etc), so when you're beside the vehicle you're trying to pass (i.e. you're blocked from getting back onto your own side) you might wind up nose-to-nose with an 18 wheeler.

Needless to say, if a motorcycle and a big rig meet head-on, only one person is going to walk away from the wreck. Biker's organs would probably be too badly damaged to be used for transplants, too.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I've seen the result of a motorcyclist not paying attention and... I never did find out if the guy lived. I know he was bad off, because he flipped over the handle bars and landed in the bed of a business/utility truck full of metal things and a welding kit.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
      X