This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendors

Wally World has a contract with a specific nursery and since it has an "exclusive" clause, we can't order bedding plants with any other supplier.

So far this year they have sent us very little merchandise. When I worked at the Hardware store, I would get in 6 to 10 racks of bedding plants a week. This supplier has sent us on average 2 racks a week. At the Hardware store I could control what I ordered and make adjustments if certain plants became hot sellers. But this suppler sends us 20 flats of Ruella but no Impatiens, Marigolds or Hibiscus, you know the plants people actually want to buy.

One part of our deal with them is that they are supposed to send people each week to help care for the plants. Clean them up, water them and remove the dead and dying. Last Tuesday was the first time someone came here since March.

When they arrived, I was just finishing cleaning up all the hanging baskets and I had spent most of last week cleaning up everything else. Apparently they complained to the Dept.Manager that I was doing the job they were supposed to be doing.

Did I mention they had not been here in nearly three months?

Then when she watered, she only watered the plants from her nursery.

Yeah, she literally watered these plants and skipped those. I had to go back and water everything just to make sure everything was watered.

And when she pulled the dying plants, half of them were just wilted from the heat (and being root-bound). Once I watered them, they snapped right back.

You know, the whole point of this program is to cut back on the work we have to do with the plants. When your visit creates even more work, you are not helping!
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

CYA. Document all of the above with times and date.

Also if possible write up the extra costs and the number of 'lost' sales from people asking for plants that were never delivered.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      CYA. Document all of the above with times and date.

Also if possible write up the extra costs and the number of 'lost' sales from people asking for plants that were never delivered.
      Seriously - wally world is brutal to their supply chain. If they perceiv that the supplier is costing them money, it'll go badly for the supplier.
      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

And that is why I like "Free-market" over "exclusive" type deals. If you or your product (or both) sucks, I am heading out.

Please tell me your supervisor is document all this. Or at the very least, it is only a one year contract.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Unfortunately my Dept Manager turned in his resignation as Manager due to all the shit he has had to put up with this year. He and the store manager had a little talk last week and he didn't just let loose with two barrels, he got out the gatling gun.

He said the manager and co-manager just sat there with a stunned look on their faces when he finished.

A few people have asked me if I will take over a DM and I have told them no. If I thought for a moment they would let me run a real Garden Center, I'd say yes in a moment, but everything I have seen says they just don't understand what is required to actually run a garden center or just how much money they are losing everyday we tell people "no we don't have that."
          "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Working...
          X