This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "We're Sold Out" Drinking Game!

If you're working at a hotel and you're sold out, here's how it works. You do a shot each time a customer one of the following questions:

1. Do you have rooms?
    2. Do you know who does?
    3. What's going on in town?
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

In my days at Adsa, I used to tell people which competitors stocked the products they wanted if we didn't have any in stock/didn't sell it. I feel partly responsible for number two.

Comment

I seem to recall you being in the same area as me...which means, if you are, you're also playing the sold out game like crazy tonight, eh? Gotten probably 50 calls in the past 2 hours, since a lot of flights got cancelled here and every hotel filled up as a result...
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

If I take a drink every time a customer asks me if we have any $4 paper towels or Pepsi 12-packs left today, I'll be dead from alcohol poisoning.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
          I seem to recall you being in the same area as me...which means, if you are, you're also playing the sold out game like crazy tonight, eh? Gotten probably 50 calls in the past 2 hours, since a lot of flights got cancelled here and every hotel filled up as a result...
          General vicinity, but yeah, you're remembering correctly. I don't know of any hotels that had rooms last night.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Greeley Everywhere else was booked. We had planes landing down in Pueblo and getting bussed the entire 4 hour trip to our hotel when their flights were diverted...people were...tired.
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

At the Resort, I would get suitably drunk with this game, but fortunately we're expensive enough and out-of-the-way enough that I would survive. Back when I worked at a roadside motel, I would probably have to go to the ER within the first half of my shift to be treated for alcohol poisoning! (Especially during Stupendously Huge Bicycle Ride, because the hotels in town fill up at least half a year in advance but the parking lots are nearly empty the day of, so all the walk-ins start yelling at you and calling you a liar.)
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
              X