X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't touch it again, I promise!

I set off the store alarm this morning

It was about 5:30, bakery girls had already arrived and the seafood/meat/deli guys were coming in. The meat and grocery managers had been let in a few minutes prior to this, so I assumed that the perimeter alarm had already been turned OFF.

Seafood Guy knocks on the door, I check the alarm panel and see what I assume is a message that it was turned off or at the least, delayed a few minutes so that he could get in. And I unlock the door.

There is a delay...of the alarm being tripped rather than reset. About two minutes after the door is closed and re-locked, BEEBEEBEEBEEBEEBEEBEE from the panel and the main phone is ringing. At that point I'm juggling a box of tags with one hand and a near-avalanche of cans (I'm going to kill whoever decides it's a good idea to stack the TOP SHELF--that is already close to collapse--four high) with the other so can't get to the intercom.

A few seconds after G (night crew lead) gets off the phone with the alarm company, he sees me in the aisle.

G: "Hey, did you see who opened the door and set off my alarm?"
    Me: "Aw, , that was me, I let Seafood Guy in. I thought it was off."
    I felt like an idiot because I know G is overworked as-is without having to field phone calls.

G was cool with it, luckily (he's a good guy, but not someone you want to have mad at you). And now I know not to touch it unless he tells me it's off.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor
Working...
X