X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    However, if you throw a fit when we ask to see your ID,
    You're blatantly too childish to be allowed to purchase anything. Here's your welcome to outside.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Hahaha, and here's me clicking my heels together & doing a highland jig every time I get ID'd.
      I make a show of showing them my DL, watch their eyebrows skyrocket when they see my DOB and if I'm with friends, turn to them and jubilantly proclaim "See that?! I got ID'd! I still got it!"

This is even more effective when I've just witnessed someone moaning about having to show ID
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I know I've said this before, but I always find myself wondering how people like this behave when a REAL crisis hits.

Seriously, if something so minor, so trivial can send you into an absolute tailspin, how the hell are you gonna cope when a true, actual crisis comes your way???
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
          I know I've said this before, but I always find myself wondering how people like this behave when a REAL crisis hits.

Seriously, if something so minor, so trivial can send you into an absolute tailspin, how the hell are you gonna cope when a true, actual crisis comes your way???
          They usually fall apart completely. If you're lucky, they just become useless. At worst, they'll be actively hindering, and you may need to detail a couple of people to sit on them (sometimes literally) and not make the crisis worse.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
            Appearances can be deceiving. Anyway, it doesn't matter. The cops send undercovers in these places all the time trying to catch clerks violating the law. If they do, it's a big fine for the store (and possibly the clerk) and the clerk will most certainly lose her job.
            To be clear, the law is not to card everyone. That is store policy. In fact, AFAIK, even the usual "if you look under 25 we must card" is merely an unenforceable guideline where I'm from, and the official law is, simply, you must not sell tobacco products to anyone under 18. It's just that the "if you look under 25 please card" is simply a way to prevent violating that law as much as possible without giving older people a hard time, and stores have started to extend that discretion to include any customer due to the occasional really mature-looking 17 year old or sensitive 70 year old who is offended that they weren't thought to look 25 or younger.

For that reason, they actually employ volunteers between 16 and 18 to come to the store and try to buy tobacco products, and if they are not asked for ID, they will cancel the transaction and shortly thereafter a uniformed officer will come in. This was when I had to worry about this stuff back in 2000, though, so the laws might have changed since then. I remember the manager told me I have until I scan the cigarettes and give the customer the subtotal before I'd get in trouble. I have to ask for ID anytime before that critical event.
            Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
            Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
            Fiancee: What?!
            Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Working...
            X