This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You stopped? Really?

Ugh. Just happened. On the way to lunch with my friend (he's at the wheel). We pass through a T intersection with another street: they have a stop sign, we don't. I spot a car approaching the stop sign, not thinking anything of it.

Next thing I know, CRUNCH! and we're thrown into the opposite turning lane. Nobody was hurt, but my friend's back bumper was ripped off.

First the lady tries to do the "let's exchange insurance" bit. Not a chance. We're going nowhere until the police show up. She then starts insisting that she stopped at the stop sign. Uh, I highly doubt it. You would have had to be stopped at the sign before we reached the intersection to hit us, and we both saw you moving. You even said you saw us coming as you approached the sign.

While she's talking to the police, I found her front license plate in the grass, about 20 yards away from the accident site. the back tire had ripped it off and tossed it.

I don't know if she told the police that she stopped (I suspect she did, but he didn't believe her anymore than we did), but she did admit to being on her cell phone.

Sheesh. So mcuh for that lunch break.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

At least she didn't "catch" you guys earlier. *shudders as he thinks of an accident his mom had* granted an accident is bad either way. Hope everyone is ok.
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Glad to hear the car was the only casualty.
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Her front plate, your friend's right rear fender. Plus she admitted to being on her cell. Yeaj, I don't think theyll have any problem determining fault.
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
          Her front plate, your friend's right rear fender. Plus she admitted to being on her cell. Yeaj, I don't think theyll have any problem determining fault.

"I was only on it for a minute! It's clearly their fault for not letting me go first!"

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
            It won't be hard at all. She hit them . . . the only way that can happen is if she ran the stop sign.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

She was definitely cited, no question about that. I was personally hoping for more than 'failure to yield" but I'll take what I can get.

And as for getting hit further up the side, I've had that happen too. Same friend. Lady backed out of her driveway without looking/stopping. I couldn't open the passenger door.

Now comes the mail and phone calls from the ambulance chasers. Almost wish it was worth the hassles of hiring every one of them that contacts me and suing each of the others with them...
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
              X