This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derp derp derp! My fault! Derp!

Today, I happened to drive through some tree work being done. There was a sign informing me that tree work was being done, workers cutting trees implying that tree work was being done, piles of branches in the road also implying tree work was being done, and workers staring at me as I drove past, mouthing questions like "Why didn't he go around?"

In my defense, there were no cones to block people from coming from my end of the street, but there were at the other end... not that I saw them until I was already upon them, including the one that had already been knocked over, presumably by someone making the same mistake as me.

So, sorry about that, tree workers. Very sorry. Totally my fault.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

I don't think so. First, they aren't allowed to totally block the road without a good reason. And secondly, if the road is closed it needs to be perfectly clear the road is closed. Like barricades and "Road Closed" signs.

I don't see those, I go through...

Comment

Concur.

It's an either/or situation - either the work necessitates a closure, or it doesn't. My (cynical) guess is that it didn't, but the trimmers were taking advantage of low traffic to cut some corners on moving piles around, hence the branches in the road. (Or, someone forgot to block the other end of the street.)

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post
        In my defense, there were no cones to block people from coming from my end of the street, but there were at the other end... *snip* So, sorry about that, tree workers. Very sorry. Totally my fault.
        How can it possibly be your fault when they didn't put out cones. By the time you realised what was going on it would have caused more trouble to try and turn around and go back. FTStS here.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
        X