This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden swerve

Last night, I was driving home from a rather long trip. (44 mile trip; ended 56 miles from my home. County hospital to San Tan Valley, if anyone's interested.) Traffic was light, thankfully. Several car lengths ahead of me was an SUV; some unknown car immediately ahead of me, one lane over.

Out of the blue, the SUV started swerving all over the freeway -- and I'm not talking "drunk driver, can't quite keep it straight", it was more like "driver having a seizure" or "complete steering failure". From the center lane, to the far right lane, back over to the far left lane, back to the far right lane again, back AGAIN to the far left, then finally screeching to a stop, half in the fast lane, half in my lane. (6-lane highway.) He was swerving so hard I thought the SUV was going to roll over.

I screeched to a stop about 10-15 feet behind him and put my emergency blinkers on. The car next to me also stopped for a few seconds, then went around the SUV. The SUV's reverse lights came on multiple times. He might have been trying to signal me to pass him, but there was no way I was putting myself in front of this nut.

Finally, after we've been passed by numerous cars, the SUV started moving again. I spent the next 10-15 minutes behind him. Once I was sure that my heart wasn't going to explode, I called dispatch and asked them to call the highway patrol for me. Their response? I needed to do it. Sigh. Thanks anyway. (No, I didn't call; after the big dramatic swerving, he drove just fine.)

Finally, the interchange to my last freeway came up... and the SUV got onto the on-ramp. Well, there was NO WAY I was going to spend another 10 miles behind this guy. I passed him, and glanced over. Couldn't see the driver (I was passing on his right) but the passenger was holding her head in a very "I can't believe I'm in a car with this idiot" manner.

Yeah, I really needed that after almost 14 hours on the road...
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Bee? Angry Weiner Dog? Horde of Flying Monkees? Glad your ok!
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

NC, oh my goodness; I'm literally Deserted, I'm glad everyone is ok. Well, I'm hoping the other guy got home alright. We just don't know.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
        Bee? Angry Weiner Dog? Horde of Flying Monkees? Glad your ok!
        A horde of angry flying wiener bees.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        NC, oh my goodness; I'm literally Deserted, I'm glad everyone is ok. Well, I'm hoping the other guy got home alright. We just don't know.
        I spent a while behind him, and he drove just fine afterward (and did nothing to attract my attention beforehand) so I assume he was doing it intentionally... and therefore was at least capable of finishing his drive to wherever they were going.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd

Comment

Teeth in the BJ...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

That was my brother's vote...

Comment

Cigarette butt that didn't quite make it out of the vehicle, landed in his lap, then fell UNDER him on the seat when he tried to slap it out.
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                A horde of angry flying wiener bees.
                >.< Awwww mental imagery!!!! Someone pass me the brain bleach!!! Sorry but that was an interesting mental image
                ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Your mind's in the gutter... move over and make some room for me...

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                    Cigarette butt that didn't quite make it out of the vehicle, landed in his lap, then fell UNDER him on the seat when he tried to slap it out.
                    Actually, that one's plausible; I've seen it happen to a friend.
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                    X