This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor things add up

Besides a few bright spots like talking to Marmalady, Sarlon, Andrew B, and making a bit of money.. today was 'enough pebbles can turn into a boulder' day. (Well not that bad but it seemed like it). First, a simple trip to pay bills turned into seven extra stops.. took me 7 hours for what should have taken me 30 minutes. Not such a big thing. Body hurt, legs hurt, but nothing major.

Then my mouse shut down on me. Just quit, no warning. TO THE VAN!!

A simple forty minute drive (all together, 20ish up and 20ish back).. no big right? Well I don't know who's puppy I kicked in a previous life, but I hear a bang.. and the steering wheel suddenly does not want to cooperate.. luckily I was not going fast. Pulled over, flat tire.. not a big thing for a healthy person, but a healthy person I am not. No phone, no ability to change tires.. luckily about 25 minutes wait and somebody was nice enough to pull over. They let me use their cell phone to call AAA. To my utmost surprise it took AAA only about 25 minutes to get there.. a few minutes to change tires (I had a spare, just no ability to put it on). You think I am done yet? Oh I wish. So I get to wally world, purchase much needed new mouse, and .. start heading back to home. I kid you not, as I near the place to turn onto the road that leads to my apartment.. BANG. Yep, you guessed it. A DIFFERENT tire pops. I could hear Karma laughing and see it pointing at me. Luckily, near a station.. unfortunately no tire. Have to shell out for a tire, they put it on.. another 30 minutes. (They were busy or it would have taken a few minutes). Luckily.. I made it back to my house.. much poorer, heat fatigued, and cursing Karma.. but I made it back.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

What a crappy day!
    /hugs

Here's hoping tomorrow is better.

Comment

Lol a third tire in under a month go boom. This time nobody else to change tire.. so I had no choice. Was not fun.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
      X