This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the right of way morons!

I usually let this go, but it's happening every day now.

leaving work, I have to turn onto the highway on ramp. It's a 2-lane road, each side having a turning lane at the intersection to get onto the highway. When I get to the ramp, it's on my right. I have right of way on a green light to turn right, but the traffic opposite has 2-green lights also for straight OR to turn left after yielding.

The problem is...THEY AIN'T YIELDING!!!

As soon as that light turns green, every time these past few days, a car turning left will gun it to beat oncoming traffic and turn onto the on ramp...right in front of me! Half the time they're not even looking my way, the other half they're on the phone. I always give into them because I don't want to buy a car right now, but they get a good honking from me!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

I have a similar issue on my way home. I turn off the main road, and go to the right, and literally just after I turn off, there is a THREE way stop, where I need to turn left.

3 way means the cars coming OFF the main road have the right of way, but i can't tell you how many times I've almost been hit by morons who try and "beat" me to my turn.

Comment

Right of way seems to be becoming an increasingly foreign thing for a lot of people, sadly enough. I absolutely hate the main four-way intersection in the town I work in for that reason. No one knows when it's there turn, so they just... go, whenever they want.
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
        I have a similar issue on my way home. I turn off the main road, and go to the right, and literally just after I turn off, there is a THREE way stop, where I need to turn left.

3 way means the cars coming OFF the main road have the right of way, but i can't tell you how many times I've almost been hit by morons who try and "beat" me to my turn.
        My god, you must live in El Mirage. There's an intersection right off Grand Ave (major street that doubles as a freeway) exactly like that, including the idiots who ignore the stop signs.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
        X