This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For The Deadliest Catch Viewers

This is something I've often thought about were I crazy enough to want to actually attempt to crab fish the Bering Sea (which btw I know I could never really do, unless I was like the 'boat mom' or something but I can dream

If you were to go out, which boat/captain would you pick & why/why not? assuming you actually had a choice

For me, the only boat I'd ever consider working on would be the Northwestern under Sig/Edgar. Sig's safety record in his years at the helm,no major injuries/incidents/fatalities *KNOCK ON WOOD* are worth their weight in gold, Sig has fear/respect for the ocean & what it can do plus he seems like a fair guy to work for. Yes, he works his crew hard & expects alot from them, but he also understands that things can go pear-shaped at home & sometimes that requires someone to leave in the middle of a trip, Ex. when Jake Anderson's sister passed away, Sig did everything in his power to get Jake home AND he made sure Jake understood that when he was ready to come back, that he would have a job to come back to. Can't say I've seen any of the others do that (in fact, I can guarantee the Hillstrand bunch woulda said 'too bad so sad, you're either on the boat or off the boat, blah blah blah '
    F/V Saga-Capt. Elliot Neese
    0.00%
    F/V Seabrooke-Capt. Scott Jr.
    0.00%
    F/V Wizard-Capts. Keith/Monte Colburn
    0.00%
    F/V Cape Caution-Capt. Wild Bill
    18.18%
    F/V Cornelia Marie-Capt-In-Training Josh Harris
    0.00%
    F/V Time Bandit-Capts. Andy/Jon Hillstrand
    36.36%
    F/V Northwestern-Capt. Sig Hansen
    45.45%
    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Who the hell would pick Elliot Neese? He's such a pompous, whiny little bitch.

Comment

LOL right? seriously, after what he pulled last season I don't suspect ANYONE would put their lives in his hands but I figured I'd include everyone, even the losers

for those who don't know, last season, Elliot put the boat & everyone aboard in serious jeopardy during Opies when the boat had SEVERE ice build-up while jogging to the crab grounds & developed a serious port-side list & instead of having his crew go out to bust ice Elliot basically acted like it was no big deal

I tell ya, if, God forbid, we ever see someone that is featured on the show lose their boat, it's likely going to be Elliot, he has absolutely NO respect for the Bering Sea & the destructive power it has. The other captains have tried to impart their wisdom on him multiple times & it just falls on deaf ears SMH

Comment

Just saw on a preview clip they showed on the pre-show The Bait, that later this season, Elliot will be bringing his gf onto the boat

And, he'll be taking her out with him WHILE they're fishing

DURING OPIES!!

Jesus Christ, I can't wait till the rest of the captains see/hear about this

as Robert Irvine would say "you're gonna KILL SOMEBODY!" and he will, mark my words

and the comment he made to his crew, & I quote "when the Saga's a'rocking don't come a'knocking"

can you say

Comment

I completely missed this season

Is this the gf that broke up with him a few seasons ago? This should be interesting... To be honest I'm surprised Elliot's still on the show (or even has a boat/crew, I seem to recall a few other 'incidents' he caused by ignoring just about everything).

I'd probably want to be on Sig's boat if I was given the chance, for all the reasons that CorneliaMarieRocks stated.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

And don't forget, Elliot's fresh out of rehab. He seems to me like the kind of guy who would fall right off the wagon as soon as something minor goes wrong in his life, like a fight with his baby mama.

Comment

Dreamstalker, the season isn't quite over yet, we're in Opies right now so you can still catch the rest of the season (if you'll PM me your e-mail addy, I have the episodes up to now I can send you)

And, to answer your question, no, the girl on the boat is not Val or the girl he had 'on the side' from last season. this girl apparently is a fan who somehow got in contact w/ Elliot & he offered to take her out

WHY?? for the love of GOD he/she chose to do it during Opies I do not know

I mean, she's not the only girl out there, Sig's daughter Mandy just joined the NW crew a couple of episodes ago, BUT, that's different, she was going to go fishing whether or not Sig took her or someone else took her. He told her & I quote 'over my dead body, if you're going to crab fish, you're doing it on my boat, end of discussion'

Plus, Mandy knew what to expect, she's not some fan that contacted Sig & said 'hey I wanna go on your boat' but that doesn't mean I haven't tried *JUST KIDDING*
              *clears throat* MOVING ON

And THAT kids, is the ONLY reason Mandy's mother even entertained the thought of letting her go, is because she would be under Sig's protection.

Honestly, I'm surprised that Disco. was able to even get a CAMERA CREW to go out with Elliot after the fiasco from last year (Ice build up, port side list I posted about further up) Todd Stanley, who had been on the Cornelia Marie with Phil until Phil's death was on the Saga last year during that & he was PISSED! He was talking to the folks filming the chase boat & he had them shadowing the Saga just in case all hell broke loose SMH

Comment

and another thing that tweaks me off is Jake Anderson, let me preface this by saying that I like the kid & they obviously think very highly of him as is apparent through Sig going on record by saying that if he'd ever had a son Jake would be it, high praise indeed. BUT, Jake constantly saying he wants a shot at the wheelhouse on the NW is getting old (though he has toned it down alot since his failed experiment aboard the Kiska Sea which BTW I wanted to kick everyone of those guys' asses for daring to speak such disrespect for people that are Jake's boat family )

I mean, honestly, Jake HAS to know that he will NEVER get the captain's chair aboard NW, never because his last name ain't Hansen & nothing short of a mass epidemic that takes out every single last Hansen all at one time is going to change that

I understand that Jake doesn't want to be on deck forever, Edgar doesn't either & at some point your body just can't take that kind of brutal work indefinitely. And Edgar will eventually get his chance beyond just running the boat for Blue Crab, because contrary to what Sig seems to think, Sig isn't going to live forever either

I know it may not seem like it, but I do love these guys, all of them (Neese not included) & we're not getting the entire story 'cause they have condense everything but damn

ok I'm stepping off now

Comment

Working...
                X