This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrestling: WWE's Kevin Dunn

Forgive me this long-ish post, but I just read this and it explains a lot.

So in WWE, one of the lead producers of WWE television is a man called Kevin Dunn. He directs things from the truck, he has a lot of say over what goes on TV, and he has Vince McMahon's ear. Much has been written about him on wrestling news/opinion sites, and stories have come out from people who used to work for WWE about some of the negative qualities to his personality. Some of these stories have come from the late Paul Bearer, a man who was almost universally beloved in the business.

Kevin Dunn is a sexist, misogynistic control freak. Any potential threat to his little fiefdom is bad-mouthed to Vince McMahon by Dunn. Anything that he doesn't have a hand in creating, he'll try to sabotage in some way. Bearer was being tapped to move into a producer role, but Dunn refused to let him on the truck.

Dunn allegedly has his job because his father went into a burning car to save a box of videotapes containing wrestling footage for Vince McMahon Sr., and out of gratitude, Vince Sr. said that his son would have a job for life. Dunn won't get fired while the current Vince is still alive, and Triple H and Stephanie McMahon (the heirs to the company) are known to not like Dunn and will probably fire him when they come to power.

I could go on for quite some time about some of the other stories I've read about him. Suffice to say, Dunn is universally loathed by most wrestling fans who know about him.

The website Cageside Seats does a feature called "Hi, My Name Is" in which they name someone, then invite readers to rank him from 1-5 (1 being the lowest), then post in the comments with one thing they love about the person, and one thing they loathe about them.

This week, the piece featured Kevin Dunn, and it prompted former Smackdown head writer Alex Greenfield to sign up for the site (which he's regularly read) and give us an insider's view.

Greenfield's comment

Basically, Kevin Dunn is one of the biggest poisons in WWE wrestling right now.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!
Working...
X