X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot neighbor

Hope this is the right place for this.

DH and I were minding our own business when we saw flashing red lights through the (somewhat open) patio blinds. We went outside to find out what was up, and found the fire truck hosing down a dumpster. One spectator claimed someone had been dumb enough to dump hot coals (presumably from a barbecue) into said dumpster.

Unfortunately, we do not live in a wonderful part of town, so the possibility that the spectator was incorrect and that someone deliberately set fire to the dumpster is still open.

No, moving is not an option at this time. DH is a student, I'm working part-time (and will be a student myself starting next month), the money just isn't there.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Better than someone's step-son hating his cousin's bf and therefore steals the bf's van, drives it to the top of a hill, and gets out and lets it just roll down on its own into the pond next door to you. [Yes that actually happened here. Neighbor told us. He was interviewed by the police while I just watched them take pictures then pul the van out.]
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Back in my old neighborhood, I was awakened one night by the sound of a loud car stereo. Nothing unusual there, but a couple minutes after the car sped off I heard someone yelling "FIRE!" I ran to look out the living room windows and saw a car across the street on fire. The owner came running out with a fire extinguisher and put it outpretty quickly.

Turned out his son had pissed someone off and they were sending "a message."

I was SO glad to get off that street a few months later.

Of course, at that time I didn't know I'd end up living next door to two complete morons, but that's another rant.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Of course, at that time I didn't know I'd end up living next door to two complete morons, but that's another rant.
        Out of the frying pan, into the fire? My sympathies.

"Even the nicest neighborhood can be spoiled by...neighbors..."
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
        X