This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
    Here in Canada, private citizens can only buy and launch fireworks for two holidays: Victoria Day (Queen Victoria's birthday) and Canada Day (our nation's birthday).
    Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
    I wonder if that's true the whole country?
    Varies from place to place. In Vancouver, it was Dominion Day (the old name for our nation's birthday) and Halloween. In Toronto, CindyBubbles has it right, but it's starting to expand into Halloween as well.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
      Most fireworks are illegal in PA. That doesn't stop people from obtaining them elsewhere and setting them off anyway.
      But it's legal to sell them in PA, it's just illegal for PA residents to buy them. I hear they card you to make sure you are from out-of-state. I'm sure that works, right?

Over the weekend, the big chain fireworks store up there was running commercials on our local TV station. yeah, thanks, they are also illegal here in MD. Why did the TV station accept that ad?? Oh yeah. $$$$. And the cops down here never do anything about it, either.

And then there are the idiots who decide to shoot them off multiple nights in a row, terrorizing neighbors and their pets for the entire weekend. Grrr....

I guess I should be happy our idiot neighbors aren't shooting them off at people. It's bad enough they shoot them off over other peoples' houses. At least we had rain lately, so it would be less likely to catch one on fire, although I heard of at least two incidents in other nearby towns of firework-related house fires
      Last edited by vikingchyk; 07-07-2014, 03:00 PM. Reason: oops, meant 'aren't shooting'
      Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
      At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
        But it's legal to sell them in PA, it's just illegal for PA residents to buy them. I hear they card you to make sure you are from out-of-state. I'm sure that works, right?
        Sure it works. When I went to school in PA, I'd go and buy fireworks because I was the only non-PA permanent resident. I could buy pretty much anything I wanted.

NJ it's illegal though. The state troopers will sit on one side of the bridges from NJ to PA, watch people drive over and buy fireworks, then arrest them when they come straight back over that same bridge. Happens every year.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Varies from place to place. In Vancouver, it was Dominion Day (the old name for our nation's birthday) and Halloween. In Toronto, CindyBubbles has it right, but it's starting to expand into Halloween as well.
          Yep, you got that right. I changed my post to say "Where I live in Canada" instead.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
            NJ it's illegal though. The state troopers will sit on one side of the bridges from NJ to PA, watch people drive over and buy fireworks, then arrest them when they come straight back over that same bridge. Happens every year.
            The moral of the story is that NJ residents going to PA to buy fireworks (and PA residents going to NJ to buy booze) should go a few miles into the other state to make their purchases, rather than doing it at the first shop across the state line - in view of their own state's troopers.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              The moral of the story is that NJ residents going to PA to buy fireworks (and PA residents going to NJ to buy booze) should go a few miles into the other state to make their purchases, rather than doing it at the first shop across the state line - in view of their own state's troopers.
              Or for New Jerseyians, just spend the night in PA blowing fireworks up legally.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Or waste the cops' time by going across the border and buying a box of sparklers.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                X