This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Rapana, I promise you that there are beers out there that would make you challenge your own assertion. Few are the non-beer people that I can't find SOME beer that they'd enjoy.
    If you ever make it to freeze-your-ass-off Ontario I'd be happy to challenge you there. Not only have I never met a beer I like, I haven't met one I could drink even to be polite. I like my whiskey, some rums, most liquors and liqueurs I have tried, but have never liked any sip of beer, wine or champagne I've had.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Another example....since so many people did this to me today.

Me: "Would you like anything to drink?"
      Customer: "Oh yeah. A pop?"

Cue me doing my very best not to face palm and calmly ask them which flavor and if need be, listed all 8 flavors. We're supposed to be getting one of those Coke free-style machines sometime this year... I think.... I can't wait until that happens.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
        If you ever make it to freeze-your-ass-off Ontario I'd be happy to challenge you there. Not only have I never met a beer I like, I haven't met one I could drink even to be polite. I like my whiskey, some rums, most liquors and liqueurs I have tried, but have never liked any sip of beer, wine or champagne I've had.
        What about hard ciders? We have a small brewery here in KZoo that has some good ones. At least according to my friends and Mom. I don't drink personally.

Comment

Quoth Thana View Post
          Another example....since so many people did this to me today.

Me: "Would you like anything to drink?"
          Customer: "Oh yeah. A pop?"

Cue me doing my very best not to face palm and calmly ask them which flavor and if need be, listed all 8 flavors. We're supposed to be getting one of those Coke free-style machines sometime this year... I think.... I can't wait until that happens.
          Look forward to traffic bottlenecks as people decide among the zillion options or start getting creative (I plead guilty to concocting odd combos at one of those myself).
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

GJ and NC, I did say few were the non-beer people I couldn't find a beer for, not none.

That being said, since I've never had the pleasure of either one of your's company, I can't say for certain if said challenge would or wouldn't hold up. Chances are it wouldn't, if you've both tried that many beers. But, as the old joke goes, "there's still a chance!"

And NC, I'm not opposed to freeze-your-ass-off places like Ontario, just such places in the winter, when I might actually freeze my ass off. That being said, my only current plans for traveling northward involve Fort Myers this week, and Orlando and Miami next month.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

I don't drink beer much any more; I used to back in my college days, and then it was mainly lager; Stella or Kronenburg. I'll drink Becks if nothing else is available; for example, once I went to a barbeque hosted by a single man who thought that women drank white wine. He didn't provide any other drink for the women who didn't drink wine, such as me, so I simply went over to the pile of beer crates and helped myself. XD

Czech beer is fantastic. If you can get hold of Budvar, try it. It's what Budweiser was before Americans got hold of it and added all that crap to it to make it taste bad. XD
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                If you can get hold of Budvar, try it. It's what Budweiser was before Americans got hold of it and added all that crap to it to make it taste bad. XD
                Not exactly. Budvar and Budweiser are and always have been two different brands from two different breweries. Budvar is the "original" Budweiser, since the two basically mean the same thing, and Budvar has been around a lot longer than Anheuser-Busch, but Americans didn't take the one and add crap to it and call it their own. They made their own crappy beer and slapped a proud name on to it and claimed as their own, ignoring the fact that a good beer by that name already existed elsewhere in the world.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                X