This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sasquatch Patrol

(Technically a GWC sighting, but I think it fits best here.)

Hubs recently learned some interesting history regarding the security firm he works for. Apparently in the late '70s, there was a client near the downtown high school who was experiencing weird smells and sounds in the area and things being moved around the property. The client attributed these happenings to Sasquatch (rather than being, you know, next to a high school downtown) and hired Hubby's firm to do patrols to look for the skunk ape.

Meaning someone got paid to regularly patrol around a property after hours every night looking for Sasquatch. (Downtown...it was an uber-rare Urban Sasquatch, apparently.)

Hubs only wishes he had the sort of luck to get a shift like that (he's a member of a regional paranormal investigation group and would love getting paid to do something like that).
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I occasionally drop by paranormal/conspiracist websites for a laugh or two at the more extreme examples of nuttery on display.

There is a small but vocal splinter faction of bigfoot believers who think the reason we've never found one is that we're looking in the wrong place, Sasquatch has allegedly moved to urban areas (for better job opportunities, I guess) and we need to focus our efforts on staking out dumpsters behind the downtown McDonalds, or the local high school's athletic field, or dark alleys in industrial districts at night, because that's where he'll be SURE to show up!
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Maybe that explains the bear that wandered into downtown a few years back...it was really a baby sasquatch
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        I occasionally drop by paranormal/conspiracist websites for a laugh or two at the more extreme examples of nuttery on display.

There is a small but vocal splinter faction of bigfoot believers who think the reason we've never found one is that we're looking in the wrong place, Sasquatch has allegedly moved to urban areas (for better job opportunities, I guess) and we need to focus our efforts on staking out dumpsters behind the downtown McDonalds, or the local high school's athletic field, or dark alleys in industrial districts at night, because that's where he'll be SURE to show up!
        I will occasionally bingewatch something like Destination Truth and get inebriated. [Well I also keep hoping against belief that he will fall off a cliff, though once he did almost fall off the Great Wall of China ]

Why in the name of all the little green apples are they running around in the middle of the night looking for a cryptid that is admittedly *diurnal* and most likely asleep?! It would be like looking in my living room in broad daylight for an eyeless cave dweller.

Then there are those morons who keep claiming that they know that stray electrical overages can cause the brain to misfire, and they keep claiming all these metal hull boats are haunted but they never bother asking when the last time it was degaussed was. I know the US Navy degausses their submarines between once a year to once every three years [predicated on the readings the ETs get]
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Actually Sasquatch likes to hang out on the Standing Rock and Pine Ridge Indian Reservations in South Dakota.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Ars Technica just had an article on Bigfoot. Scientists tested hair samples of 30 alleged Sasquatch specimens and found all of them belonged to other animals, all of which were identified.

Cue the nutjobs in the comments section claiming scientific conspiracy
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Yes, for those of you in Rio Linda and West Palm Beach Sasquatch means Bigfoot.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                Yes, for those of you in Rio Linda and West Palm Beach Sasquatch means Bigfoot.
                I used to have a book, damn if I can remember the title, but it was a series of drawings wherein the artist combined the features of two different celebrities with similar or related names, what might be called a "mash-up" if he'd done it today rather than 20 years ago. Some of the examples were "Bing Cosby" (Bing Crosby/Bill Cosby), Jerry Mathers (who played Beaver Cleaver) with Black Panther Leroy Eldridge Cleaver, "Barbara Walter" (Walter Cronkite/Barbara Walters), "Lee Marvin Hamlisch", "E.T. Amin", "Khadhafy Duck", and so on.

The drawing on the last page in the book was a combination of Louis Armstrong and Bigfoot, labeled simply as "Sasquatchmo"...

Comment

... and we need to focus our efforts on staking out dumpsters behind the downtown McDonalds...
                  I think a squatch would have higher standards than that
                  Last edited by vikingchyk; 07-08-2014, 05:46 PM. Reason: English is my first language, really!
                  Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                  At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                    "Khadhafy Duck"
                    I've seen one by the same name, but as a political cartoon with the caption "It's snowing in Washington but the flakes are in Libya".

If he'd done the mashup book today, would he have done "Toby Urban"? Toby Keith and Keith Urban are both country music stars.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

oh, I remembered a few more. Abbott & Costello. "Ronzo" (Bonzo the chimp + You Know Who.) and "Nancy" (Ronzo's wife + Nancy the cartoon character). "Bob Dylan Thomas". "Joanie Carson" and "Mister Ed McMahon." You get the idea... wish I could find that book today.

edit: I just found a thread with a bunch more suggestions. Funniest so far was Steve McQueen Latifah.
                      Last edited by Shalom; 07-08-2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X