Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reminds me of a comedy routine done by The Two Ronnies called 'Four Candles'. Check it out, it's one of the funniest comedy routines I've ever seen.

However I remember seeing a complaint letter faxed to us years ago from someone that wasn't happy with the network we were providing at the time. The big phone company at the time was Nokia and the big sellers were all made by them.

I can't remember the rest of the letter but in compensation, they were demanding a free handset. Several different phone models listed but all made by that famous camera company Nikon.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      Okay, do you want cooking oil, baby oil, motor oil?
      ROyal Oil. It bubbles and boils

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      Anyway I finally pulled myself together and said fake cheese, and then it was okay.
      That doesn't narrow it down that much, these days... Besides, I thought the big V was only HALF fake...? Maybe when it first came out? Dunno anymore.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Last night I had a customer ask for 'wheat'. Only after my pointing him to aisle 4 (wheat germ, best guess based on what he originally asked for) and his insistence that he didn't see any and needed it 'for bake' did it come to light that he actually wanted wheat flour.

Only to have him return while I was with another customer and harass me about not seeing it. I knew we had whole wheat flour, so walked him right to the item all the while subjected to "you not know, I want wheat for bake, you not know what I need, you not know to work here!" (oddly similar to a rant I endured from a lady last month). I surreptitiously marked the bag of flour he ended up taking...an hour or so later, I go to throw something in returns and what do I see but the bag of flour I gave him. Never did figure out what he wanted, my shift lead said that the guy was bothering him too, rejected every suggestion we had and left empty-handed.

Our options are: wheat bread, wheat germ, and wheat flour; the 'bake' comment narrowed it down to flour. Which he didn't take, so what did he want? Unless it was something he'd seen at an organic market and thought we had. Or something else entirely in which 'wheat' was only one word in the description.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I used to sell computers. I was often asked for "memory." This could mean RAM, flash drives, internal or external hard drives, video cards, writable CDs, writable DVDs, diskettes, SD cards, and other such things that might have digital storage of some kind. Occasionally, "memory" also meant more obscure things like a battery-backup surge protector, a router, and printer ink. Yes, ink. As in, "I need some memory for my printer." That was a confusing conversation.
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

These days, you can just download all the memory you need ^_^... Right?
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
              Last night I had a customer ask for 'wheat'.
              Maybe he was looking for wheat stalks, fresh from the fields, so he could grind his own flour.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

A similar thing happened last year w/ my girlfriend when we were talking about Dracula. She wanted to know a specific actor who played Dracula. I went through a bunch of them before this:

Her: "No, the one with the Dorito tan"
                Me: "George Hamilton?"
                Her: "YES!!"

Comment

Everything you can't think of the name of is " The thing" for me and my mum. Earlier tonight, I waved vaguely to the right and asked if she could bring me the thing. She brought over the menu for the burger place up the road. XD She knows me so well.
                  Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                  It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Quoth rapana1 View Post
                    Everything you can't think of the name of is " The thing" for me and my mum. Earlier tonight, I waved vaguely to the right and asked if she could bring me the thing. She brought over the menu for the burger place up the road. XD She knows me so well.
                    On no, not The Thing!!!
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

No, the thing!! http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...A058F662E4E84C
                      Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                      It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Working...
                      X