This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was the idiot this time

So, I'm staying at a hotel for a few days. I do know to tip the maids and thanks to you folks, I know that the same person doesn't clean my room every day, so I tip every night. Its just me in the room and I'm not messy, so I leave 2 dollars with a note every morning. (Is that the right amount?)

So, today, I got back about 3:30 and one of the maids was cleaning the room next to mine. I went in, changed, put earbuds in my ears, turned on a book and left to walk elsewhere for an early dinner. My room had already been cleaned.

The maid ran out of the room next door and used broken english to say "Thank you for the money." I was surprised to see her and can't talk to people when I'm listening to a book because my words don't work right, so I muttered "Sure" and started fumbling with my phone to make the book shut off so I could talk. While I was doing that, she asked me if the room was OK and I muttered "Sure" again.

I didn't mean to be rude or dismissive to her, but it sure did come out that way.

I honestly feel like a jerk over this. So, I guess I'm saying that not everyone who acts like a jerk really is a jerk. Sometimes they are just idiots like me.
Working...
X