• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
    if you have the inclination, check out an episode or two & you'll see why
    Honestly? I don't.

actually, now that I'm thinking on it, he asked those of us who follow him on FB for recommendations on bars to hit in Key West & I sent him the name of your place in a private message.
    Sweet! I appreciate it.

I'm curious though, you said Bill was the main guy, can you describe what the other guy looked like?
    There were about five guys, three drinking beer, and they were all older, biker, tattooed types. Beyond that vague description, no, I can't really describe the others, as I was, as mentioned, busy as hell, as this was while the consolation game of the World Cup was going on, which happened to coincide with happy hour.

Basically, I got them their drinks and took their money, but other than overheard snippets of their conversations with other patrons and what my coworker told me, I had no idea who they were. Still don't really care, but thanks for sending them to my bar!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Hey, you're welcome, I honestly didn't think Bill would even remember the name of the place so I'm glad something came of it. And hey, even though you didn't know or care who he was as far as the show goes, now you can tell people that a celebrity came into your bar (though that's probably not the first time it's happens or will it be the last)

Glad to hear that they tipped you guys well, most of the guys are very generous people, a lot do charity work during the off season so they're good guys

The reason I asked you to describe the others who were with him is because I thought maybe he was hanging out with someone from one of the other boats as they do tend to hang out together during down time (why I can't imagine, I mean, you're out at sea with these people for months at a time, why would you even want to see their faces in your off time? )

Just fyi, the show isn't as boring as it sounds, the different personalities on each boat make the show less monotonous. But, it's not your cup of tea & I respect that
      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        I must be missing something obvious, because not only can't I see it, I don't even know what it is.
        Do yourself a favor and run far, far away.

Joker/Batman is almost if not more popular than Kirk/Spock in the slash circuit. Part of me is ashamed that I know that, lol. It has to do with Joker's fixation on the Bat being more akin to some sort of twisted romantic interest. Which is exactly as disturbing as it sounds. So I hear, anyway. >.>
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

...now you can tell people that a celebrity came into your bar (though that's probably not the first time it's happens or will it be the last)
          Not even close to the first time. Heck, he wasn't even the only celebrity in the bar at that time.

...most of the guys are very generous people, a lot do charity work during the off season so they're good guys...
          They seemed nice enough to me. A couple of them were very good-natured about the grief I gave them when they ordered an ice water and an iced tea. (Five guys, there were drinking beer.)

Still A Customer."

Comment

Joker/Batman is almost if not more popular than Kirk/Spock in the slash circuit. Part of me is ashamed that I know that, lol. It has to do with Joker's fixation on the Bat being more akin to some sort of twisted romantic interest. Which is exactly as disturbing as it sounds. So I hear, anyway. >.>
            Honestly, since I learned there was dinosaur erotica in fanfic , nothing shocks me anymore...
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Honestly, since I learned there was dinosaur erotica in fanfic , nothing shocks me anymore...
              Rule 34. 'Nuff said.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I do like the idea that James Bond is not a single person but an alias given to any agent that is given the 'rank' of 007.

The "Tommy Westphall" thing that comic writer Dwayne McDuffie (RIP) came up with is a lot of fun.

For something closer to 'real life', there's a theory that Vince McMahon let writer Vince Russo out of his contract with the WWE so that he could go work at WCW and destroy the company from within, so that McMahon could buy it out for a song.
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Rev that engine louder, I can't hear...

"Look Betty! Personal Pan Vibrators! With a snack!"
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It's not just fanfic. You can buy erotic dinosaur novellas on the Kindle store. My writers friend's writer boyfriend even released a snowman erotica novella (tongue-in-cheek, but I'm not sure the readers were aware of that).
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

The Frozen/Rapunzel thing actually vaguely makes a bit of sense (allegedly someone at Disney confirmed that the real-world analogues for their settings are all in Northern Europe (Denmark for Rapunzel, Scandanavia for Frozen, Baltic Sea/a nearby coast for Mermaid) but I am unsure)...but fan theorists will be fan theorists. I prefer not to dip more than a single hesitant toe into those waters.
                      Quoth jennie View Post
                      Too true; ever read any Star Trek (original series) fan stories? Do NOT try to make sense of their physics...
                      Heck, the physics and technobabble from the *actual* series are bad enough
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                        Elsa from Frozen and Rapunzel from Tangled are cousins via their mothers. Which spins into a larger theory that Elsa's parents were on their way to Rapunzel's wedding when their boat sank. That boat is the one Ariel explores in The Little Mermaid. Some fans also postulate that Elsa's parents didn't drown, but washed up on an island populated by gorillas with their young son.....
                        This one is closer than you think. Because Rapunzel and Eugene can briefly be seen arriving for Elsa's coronation.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Oh, and when I saw the new X-Files movie a few years back (because I love the X-Files and I had to see it even though I suspected I would regret it, and did), there is a scene where Mulder has been rescued and is naked and unconscious and Skinner, who has rescued him, is sort of cradling him in his arms. I always wondered if that was a nod to the massive amounts of Skinner/Mulder fanfiction that was written back in the day.
                          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            This one is closer than you think. Because Rapunzel and Eugene can briefly be seen arriving for Elsa's coronation.
                            Yup. I'm pretty sure that cameo is what started the theory. Although whether it's meant to be anything other than just a cameo is unknown, but I like the theory, so I'll accept it.
                            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                              I said it was more of a fantasy anyway. Although, being am exemplary Jedi, Obi-wan has probably never gotten laid like, ever.
                              I'm going to play the Jolee Bindo card here. One of the best jedis ever (from KOTOR) and married to a Sith. Better than Yoda as a mentor that guy - for one thing you could understand what he said to you.

The main fan theory I subscribe to is the one that "James Bond" is a code-name for the alcoholic, burnt-out, suicidal agents at MI5. We only see the successful missions in the films, not the multitude that never make it through to the end, which explains why "James" keeps changing his face and personality and no one ever remarks on it. It fits quite nicely (and coincidentally, Daniel Craig's Bond was actually called James Bond - had to happen sometime).

Comment

The Bujold community have a number of very active FF writers, and a small population of slash writers. I like much of the fan fiction but the slash not so much. <pot calling the kettle black, I have been known to write Rammstein slash>
                                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                                X