This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You cleaned the wrong rooms

A while back, we had two groups staying with us. One group had requested an early arrival because they were having a noon meeting. We let Exec Housekeeper know, and he prepared the rooms the night before.

When I came in the morning of, I looked at the rooms and...

They cleaned the rooms for the wrong group.

We couldn't just swap them either. Early group had booked Room Type A, and the second group had booked Room Type B, which was an upgrade from Type A, so we would have been downgrading the second group if we had switched. And the group was going to check in at any time.

Fortunately, Housekeeping managed to knock out the rooms we needed right in time. I had three of their rooms ready to go already, and three of the group checked in first. Then two more rooms were cleared, and five minutes later two more of the group showed up to check in. It was like that all morning, with housekeeping clearing rooms just before guests trickled in to check into those rooms, so none of the group ever realized there was an issue. *phew*

Exec Housekeeper felt suitable derpy and embarrassed. Like I said, fortunately it all worked out though.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    ...Exec Housekeeper Fairy Godmother
    ... had a heck of a time keeping the Brownies outasight of the Muggles...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      Exec Housekeeper felt suitable derpy and embarrassed. Like I said, fortunately it all worked out though.
      Shit happens.

Sounds like she managed to get it all worked out - and I hope she was suitably thankful to those who helped her.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
      X