This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck?

I just got an email from some horse sanctuary in the UK thanking me for my nearly $6000 purchase. I sure as heck didn't initiate any transaction of the sort. My email address has my own domain name, so I doubt it was just a typo on someone's part. Luckily, I haven't got any accounts where funds of anything near that amount are available. I checked my bank account, credit cards, and Paypal. So far, everything seems to be in order.

Another scam email to confirm legit email addresses? If you reply to straighten up the bill, they can sell the email address?

If you haven't got any accounts they could have accessed, I'd just ignore it.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

You could also research the horse place to see if it actually exists, compare contact info to see if it matches and if it doesn't, contact the sanctuary to let them know their name is being used for a scam.
      My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

If they have an invoice attached as a zip file, it could be a virusor other malware. I keep getting fake emails from Amazon about something I ordered back in May. It is the wrong format for Amazon, and has an attached zip file, which I assume is a virus or other malware.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I showed the email to my hubby, the Computer God, after he woke up. The horse sanctuary is real, but he said it's most likely that someone spoofed their email. The link with the "invoice" also probably contains a virus, but I have a Mac, so I don't need to worry about that too much.

Comment

Working...
          X