Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend is a lawyer, so I'll ask him for a referral if necessary. I need to call the officer tomorrow to see if I can get info for the other party (if my insurance hasn't gotten that far). The underside of my forearm was sore still today, but I just finished an 8.5-hour shift, and it feels fine with a little ibuprofen. I'm having no head symptoms at all and my neck doesn't feel stiff like yesterday. I'm a remarkably fast healer, though.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      My health insur. won't cover that particular ER; it's out-of-network.
      WTF? An ER, by definition, handles cases where the patient needs medical attention NOW, and doesn't have time to look around for the "right" hospital. Also, in many cases, the person being brought to the ER is in no condition to even express an opinion of which hospital they want. How can medical insurance not cover a particular ER?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

mathnerd, I find that people don't pay enough attention to pedestrians.
        I find that people don't pay enough attention to anything outside of themselves.

I'm sorry you were hurt, and wish you a speedy recovery and settlement!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

In my accident when I was hit by a drunk driver I only had liability (and had waived uninsured motorist), and while they couldn't help with my car loss expenses, my auto insurance still covered my medical until they could get reimbursed by the other guy's insurance, so you should still discuss what options you have with your insurance company.

I'm so glad you were okay. You didn't do anything wrong. It sucks. Your coworkers will cope without you, though. You need to take care of yourself!
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

You did a good deed, that's what matters. Also, I'm glad you're alright now

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
              You did a good deed, that's what matters. Also, I'm glad you're alright now
              Absolutely this. Hope you heal up well, and speedily *gentle hugs*
              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
              What's the difference?
              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

bhskittykatt, yep, my insurance will cover my medical if need be. The other company, one that backs military personnel, is not getting back to me. I will call tomorrow. Physically, I am totally fine now. No post-concussive syndrome, no pain outside my normal back issues. In fact, they have been better than usual. Maybe that bump knocked my spine into the right position! My friend said the other company has to respond, and there is a police report and witnesses. Also, a friend of mine is a lawyer. I have a stack of letters from ambulance chasers.

Comment

Maybe that bump knocked my spine into the right position!
                  Is anyone else thinking this?

Comment

Update: back to my usual pain. That's alright; I deal with that every day. I had the car looked at today and the guys at the dealership are pretty sure that the insurance will want to total it. I am not sure I'm happy with that; I HATE car-shopping and I have to get another junker because I cannot do a car payment in any way, shape, nor form. I am ok with driving my current junker because the former owners are my friends and I know they've taken care of it. But another car? I don't know. I've gotten a lemon before. I drive because the weather here is severe and I don't have time to mess around with the bus, not because I enjoy dealing with cars.

Comment

Working...
                    X