Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restaurant Watches Old Surveillance And Shares Shocking Results On Craigslist!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that was eye-opening! Waiters should _not_ be wasting their time taking photos of the patrons! And if you're not ready to order? Too freaking bad!

And WITF is it with people and camera phones these days? Is it so damned important for you to record every minute of your freaking day that you have to waste the time of other people? Take a hint: nobody else gives two fraks what you ate for lunch on your Facebook page!

Comment

Amazing. Not surprising, but amazing.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

It's true: people are getting too hooked on technology and it's causing problems with the way our society interacts.

One of the commenters on the article posted this link: it's a spoken poem about how modern technology has hampered interpersonal communication.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow. 50 minutes added on average, just because of cell / smart phones?
          I wonder if doing away with the public wifi would help any?
          And I also wonder what would happen if they offered a nominal (say 5%) discount if a table could refrain from taking out or using their phone or tablet out during their meal? Probably a bunch of people using their phones and then demanding the discount anyway....

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
            Wow, that was eye-opening! Waiters should _not_ be wasting their time taking photos of the patrons!
            Agreed -- My guess is that the servers were afraid NOT to comply with the patrons' wishes.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Rob and I tend to sit and read companionably when we are out - but we are polite about it - we order quickly and then sit and read while we eat. I think I have taken pictures of food in a restaurant maybe 5 times in my entire life, 3 of them at one meal.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Guilty.

Though usually if I'm at a restaurant it's with a big group of people and it's for a catch up... So regardless of tech, we're there for hours

Comment

Quoth Yfandes View Post
                  i was wondering the same thing but the wifi not being there would need to be coupled with a cell phone jammer.

hell i would love that, so when i yammer and want to joke i dont have to worry about my mother or meimei looking at facebook. (this is why i say i have a soul when i explain that have dont have a facebook)

Comment

I read when I go to restaurants. If you need to look at your phone constantly order first than play.
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

My mom would be very annoyed if she saw the footage or witnessed people doing this sorta thing firsthand. She has a very strict 'no phones or anything else distracting (books, video games, etc) at the table' rule that she enforces even at restaurants.

Quoth prjkt
                      Though usually if I'm at a restaurant it's with a big group of people and it's for a catch up... So regardless of tech, we're there for hours
                      This she would be totally ok with, though. To her, meal times are for eating and for conversing with people at the table (as long as you remember to stop for a few bites every now and then). Not for texting, taking pictures, or updating your FB status.
                      Last edited by firecat88; 07-13-2014, 05:04 PM.
                      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I tend to read an e-book on my phone while eating by myself or with DH (he's fine with it, he's usually doing something on his phone too). I don't do that when others are there.
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

What is it with taking pictures of the food??? Have these people never seen food before? Have the people they're sending pix to never seen food before??

Seriously...WTFF??
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've taken pictures of food maybe 3 times in my life. Generally for a specific reason.

Once, of the awesome free burger I got at a hole-in-the-wall on my birthday, so I could show people how awesome it is.

Second, of the dessert my dad builds... which nobody would believe me about before.

Third, finally finding a Pizza Inn still making the original pizzert!
                            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I take pictures of the stuff I make at home, more as a "hah, take that neighbors! I can cookz betterz than youze!" than anything else . I have never taken a shot of anything in a restaurant though.
                              But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                              And it's not what I wanted to be
                              The weight on me
                              Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth Yfandes View Post
                                The problem with doing this is that if you take away the wifi, then the customer will go to some other place that has it,so you are losing business..
                                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
                                X