This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your ticket is not THAT important

Yesterday Hubs was sent to the next county over to wand people as they went through security at the county Superior Court. Next door was the District Court, and there was a sign in the Superior Court lobby reminding people that traffic tickets were to be taken care of at District Court.

Hubs said 4 people during his shift had the forethought to ask if they were in the right place before going through security.

He said "at least 20, probably like 25" people during his shift got all the way through security, only to ask where to resolve their traffic tickets and be told they were in Superior Court and had to leave and go across the street to District Court.

According to the guards he spoke with who regularly work that shift, that's a fairly typical day there.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    ...and there was a sign in the Superior Court lobby reminding people that traffic tickets were to be taken care of at District Court.
    Well, there's the problem right there. Ain't nobody got time for readin' no signs!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      Well, there's the problem right there. Ain't nobody got time for readin' no signs!

...and most traffic tickets result from an inability to read/obey signs to begin with, so...

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

...and most traffic tickets result from an inability to read/obey signs to begin with, so...
        ...and we call this a cause/effect relationship here at the Museum of Obviousness. Now if you'll follow me to the next room, we have our exhibit of Famous Moments of Smoking Near Explosives.

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          our exhibit of Famous Moments of Smoking Near Explosives.
          ...Hopefully taken with a telepohoto lens.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            Quoth sms001 View Post

This is also why Argabarga has job security.
            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

I would laugh if we had traffic ticket folks coming through the District Court over here.

Over here, we have three levels: Magistrates, District and Supreme. Magistrate Court handles that sort of stuff and they're usually located in the suburbs.
              District Court handles the bigger stuff barring murder, treason and HUGE offences. Supreme Court handles the worst.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Although I did get caught out by the rather sucky planning-I wanted the paperwork to fill out to apply to be a magistrate sitting in the Magistrates'Court,so I pootled off down to the Magistrates'Court to be told 'we don't do that here-you need to get that from County Court'...
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                X