This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue the memorising!

So I started at my new school today. Unlike my previous school (which had a few allergies here and there, but nothing TOO painful), this school has kids with allergies out the wazoo.

I now have to memorise a list of up to 40 children's allergies including who can and can't have what. I've already told my boyfriend that under no circumstances is he to kiss me if he's had peanut butter.

Either way, HELP...

(In case anyone's wondering how we deal with the number of allergies, the answer is simple: rice milk, limited cooking activities* and the parents of kids with multiple food allergies send along their own stuff (there's a list of the 7-8 most common allergy triggers out there, this kid ticks about 6 of them))

*-the owner of the company I work for is BIG on cooking activities as it's a life skill. This particular school takes kids up to Grade 2, so the need for "cooking as a life skill" isn't as prevalent.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

How visual is your memory? Let's say little Jane can't have peanuts and apples, but she can have normal milk. So you see her chased around by a giant peanut on 4 legs with an apple as a rider, and a glass of milk is saving her like Tarzan. Think up a little story/picture for each child, when you see the child you have the visual cue. Oh and the crazier the better, because that helps you to remember.
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
    X