This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I disappoint God

Well, when I say God, I really mean the operations manager, but "the operations manager who has so much power that even the owner of the company must report to him" is a bit of a mouthful, hence why we refer to him as God.
    On Sunday one of our bartender's screwed up royally. We were doing a charity event where we would donate 10% of any sales in a certain section of the restaurant to a youth athletic club. This bartender decided to help with the rush and double as a server (the bar wasn't very busy, as would be expected when the largest group there is for a youth athletic club)... well, bartender micros cards don't require them to enter a table number when ringing in an order, so he didn't... and now we have no idea which orders he rang in were part of the charity section and which weren't. Three hours of work later trying to find a way to separate out his tickets and all I can report is "its not possible to give you an accurate number." Yeah, I didn't need those 3 hours for productive work and I definitely need to add the stress of waiting for God's reaction to being disappointed to my already stress filled life on the brink of burn out.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song
Working...
X