This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold up at the McD's

This comes via my father who just picked us up lunch after he took one of my dogs to the vet.

He went through the drive thru, there was only one person in front of him and no one behind him. The woman is in a massive pick-up truck (and since he was in my coup rather than his CR-V he felt tiny.) She gets to the second window, gets her food, and then doesn't move. She starts chatting to the guy in the window, and then hands back the two toys from the happy meals and gets handed two other toys.

Then -after another wait - she hands THOSE toys back and gets handed two different toys again... this repeats...

By the time she seemed satisfied, there were FOUR other cars behind my dad.

Seriously, like everyone had nothing better to do with their time than wait in the McDonald's Drive Thru while you haggle for cheap-o happy meal toys for your kids.

Back when I worked there, if someone wanted to trade toys in the drive-thru we told them to park and come inside, since the drive thru was supposed to be for people trying to get a move on. We have to keep the line moving.

My dad was both annoyed and bemused when he finally got home with the food.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

A Hold Up?! Thought this was going to be a heist!
    Yes, I worked there in my teens and know what you mean. So aggrivating
    watching those next orders on the screen going into the "red".

Comment

Isn't that called a "stick up"?
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I'm a terrible human being. I would have laid on the horn.

Odd that an employee would screw the metrics like that. Maybe Exchange woman was a personal acquaintance?

Comment

Maybe she just wanted to make sure the toys would "fit".
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

You can get a whole set of those Happy Meal toys (past or present) for about the cost of 2-3 Happy Meals on Feebay. :P

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              they probably all could have fit at the same time.
              If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                Isn't that called a "stick up"?
                Yes, that too, and more often. We currently wear security devices on our belt loops that
                we call "Hold Up Alarms".

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                Quoth pzychobitch View Post
                they probably all could have fit at the same time.
                Gross. And yes.

Comment

Quoth Firecrackers Not Included View Post
                  Yes, that too, and more often. We currently wear security devices on our belt loops that
                  we call
                  "Jock Straps."
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    I'm a terrible human being. I would have laid on the horn.

Odd that an employee would screw the metrics like that. Maybe Exchange woman was a personal acquaintance?
                    Or she was being a mega-bitch and demanding that he get her more toys. I've had that. Demanding customer wants me to do this, I say no, they get more demanding, I say something like "COMPANY POLICY" they get even more demanding, and then my customers queue up, the queue is getting bigger, customer is being a bitch, the other customers are getting impatient (usually they're having a go at me, even though the customer is the one causing the hold-up) and in the end I get flustered and do what they want me to do anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X