Quoth Parrothead View Post
    Redeem the code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS through Origin, I think it's today only
    Until the end of the month
    ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
      How would you redeem that? Inquiring minds want to know
      According to an article at CVG, you do the following:

According to EA, in order to download your free copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition, you must follow these steps:

1) Start by downloading and installing Origin. If you already have Origin you can skip to step 3.
      2) Not an Origin member? Create a free Origin Account to get in the game.
      3) Launch Origin and log into your Origin Account.
      4) From the 'Games' tab in the Origin menu, select 'Redeem Product Code' and enter the code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

If you're already an Origin member, you can also redeem your code online. Just visit the Origin code redemption page and log in to your Origin Account. Then enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS in the 'Product Code' field.

CVG has already tried this and can confirm it does work with Origin accounts that have previously purchased no Sims titles.

The above code can be redeemed until July 31, at which point it will no longer be available.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

So the article was close, but not quite exact on how to redeem the code. You do have to have Origins and install their platform. But...

At step 4, click on where it says 'Origin' in the upper left corner of the platform window. A menu appears, and the first option is 'Redeem Product Code'. Click on that and enter your code in the next screen.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I did mine on the Origin website

Comment

Mmmm, Peggle. Wonderfully addictive game.

PS, for those who were unaware, Origin has been doing a thing recently where they give everyone a free game a month (Peggle, in this case) -- look for "On the House" under their "Free games" menu each month to see. Note that you must have Origin installed on your system to redeem the freebie/the above code.
            Last edited by EricKei; 07-25-2014, 03:17 PM.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

In that case, please permit me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of Nollij grant you a bit of enlightenment, courtesy of everyone's favorite G-rated, totally non-jaded, sweet and pure as the driven snow game reviewer, Yahtzee Croshaw.

Too-long-didn't-watch version: Thing's addictive. And cute as all hell. 'Twas one of the early happy shiney casual games, and still one of the best. Plus, ya know, they play Ode To Joy when you beat a level and all. Which is cool.
              Last edited by EricKei; 07-25-2014, 07:29 PM.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Let me add a caveat to all wishing to download this game: it's 12.6 GB

I know that's not much for some, but in some areas, that's a bandwidth killer.

Comment

<pops head up> Excuse me. Stuck in the Sims. <head back down>
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Anyone know if I'll be able to transfer my custom content and created sims/towns to the Origin version?

Comment

Working...
                    X