This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running from the cops is a family affair

This one happened about a week ago. It was mid evening and I was just finishing up some homework when I heard a thwoop followed shortly after by a loud explosion and kids laughing. I peek through the blinds and see my neighbors in the adjacent school parking lot. I heard them set off another smaller firework. I watched them mainly to see if they set off another mortar because it was still light out and I wanted to see what could possibly be so fascinating about setting off a mortar during daylight.

Now even setting aside the fact that it's the first year my city has set a fireworks ban, this was over a week past July 4 and well outside any previously acceptable time-frame for lighting fireworks. And there must have been cops in the immediate vicinity who heard my neighbors, because they only set off their mortar and the one smaller firework when it became apparent shit was going down.

Two women and three small kids started booking it down the trail that goes off into the woods. One of the younger girls, who was maybe 10....one of the white little girls, who was maybe 10 (I need to paint the full picture here)...she was running up and down the section of the trail yelling.

Tiny White Girl: "THE PO-PO ARE HERE! HURRY RUN AWAY! SOMEONE CALLED THE PO-PO! HURRY! COME ON WE NEED TO RUN FROM THE PO-PO!"

I realized I may be living in the ghetto part of town. (Just kidding...I realized that a long time ago.)

The moms and the girls ran away while the dads stayed behind. They were just out of my earshot, but based on the body language it looked like they were trying to play it off like they were just wandering through and someone else had set off the fireworks.

The cops didn't buy it. At one point, the female officer had the most epic "Are you f**king kidding me?" look on her face. I don't know what the guy said to cause that reaction, but the look was priceless, trust me.

The whole time I'm laughing at all that is going down, which probably didn't help the dads' case because this is all happening right on the other side of the fence so I'm sure they heard me.

Eventually the moms and the kids returned because they finally accepted they'd been had, and all the adults got cited, and everyone went home and I laughed my ass off as I went to bed because stupid neighbors got pwned.
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 07-25-2014, 02:48 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    I laughed my ass off as I went to bed because stupid neighbors got pwned.
    They didn't just get pwned.

There were explosions. That there was a PWNZER.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
    X