Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You mean I'm going to lose everything?! I'll sue!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
    In defense of the customers, sometimes this can happen when an "overenthusiastic" sales rep sets one up for them in the store during phone activation and NEVER bothers to give them the password.

I run into that problem a LOT.
    I might go along with that, if it weren't from the fact that I was the one who sold them their phone a year/month/week ago, and I never set up their Gmail for them unless they seem too inept to do so themselves (and then I use the same password for all of those people so I don't have to remember anything).

On a side note, I have one customer who, after having me set up his Gmail with my default password, changed his and promptly forgot it. Luckily I had set up my email address as the recovery, so I reset it (again to my default password). Two weeks later, his wife convinced him to change it, and they both forgot it. This guy is an SC for dozens of other reasons, so I can't say I'm surprised...but how about you stop changing your password!
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Suggestion for the OP: I wonder if the SC "fat-fingered" the PIN and hit one key adjacent to what he was aiming at? Maybe he hasn't forgotten it, he just didn't enter what he thought he did.

Comment

Well

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
        Ya, but then they wont give it back to you until closer to your trial date.
        Well, he said he was going to sue. So clearly he already has the money to waste on a good lawyer.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          I know how he can get his data off the phone.

Go to a local international airport.

Declare "I want to blow this place up!".

The nice men will take him to a private room and get all the data off his phone for him.
          I remember reading of a case that happened during WW2. A kid around 10 years old lost his glasses, which would have been a major hit to the family budget to replace. The kid and a friend had been playing around with codes, and the kid had put his code sheet in his glasses case.

Someone found the glasses, with the code sheet in the case. Naturally, the authorities wanted to locate the spy (after all, who else would be using a code sheet?) They went to every optometrist in the area to see who had purchased glasses with the same prescription as the ones found with the code sheet. Eventually they were tracked to a particular house. Kid got his glasses back - along with a lecture about playing around with codes during wartime.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
            I might go along with that, if it weren't from the fact that I was the one who sold them their phone a year/month/week ago, and I never set up their Gmail for them unless they seem too inept to do so themselves (and then I use the same password for all of those people so I don't have to remember anything).

On a side note, I have one customer who, after having me set up his Gmail with my default password, changed his and promptly forgot it. Luckily I had set up my email address as the recovery, so I reset it (again to my default password). Two weeks later, his wife convinced him to change it, and they both forgot it. This guy is an SC for dozens of other reasons, so I can't say I'm surprised...but how about you stop changing your password!
            I'd also suggest some of the excellent password managers out there. After I realised that I was a liability for choosing not-as-secure-as-they-could-have-been passwords I grabbed LastPass when I saw a review of it.

Haven't looked back, it does all the good stuff and will check how 'secure' you are as well (looking for shared passwords)
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
              I'd also suggest some of the excellent password managers out there. After I realised that I was a liability for choosing not-as-secure-as-they-could-have-been passwords I grabbed LastPass when I saw a review of it.

Haven't looked back, it does all the good stuff and will check how 'secure' you are as well (looking for shared passwords)
              This guy would figure out a way to screw that up, too. On another occasion, he had issues with his new Windows 8 laptop not recognizing the USB data card we'd sold him. After hours of fiddling with settings to find a workaround, I miraculously got it up and running. The following week, he came back in complaining about the USB card not working again.

Turns out, he had taken the laptop to a repair center and, when asked about the custom network settings, he told the guy that he had no idea who did that and that he should restore them back to factory.

I told the guy that this time he needed to go back to the repair center to resolve the problem.
              "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
              -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Working...
              X