This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    That said, my real problem is I apparently look generic enough, harmless enough, and sane enough that every major US city I've visited, I've been mistook for a local and asked for directions..... it's uncanny.

And that includes places where I'm not even the cultural/ethnic majority FOR the area.
    I can do that too... Except for my local beach where someone asked where I was visiting from for the day.

Everywhere else I'm considered to be a staff member and a navigation/directions guru. Even occasionally a non-uniformed (whatever they need - cop/bouncer/narc).
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Just be careful around California-bound trucks. Cookies for reference.
      this?

Or that?

(Or the other, if you speak French...)
      Last edited by Shalom; 08-01-2014, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
        this?

Or that?

(Or the other, if you speak French...)
        Got an older system that doesn't do YouTube, and I'm on dialup.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

The song is "Black Denim Trousers And Motorcycle Boots", in versions by Vaughn Monroe, The Cheers (original version, as far as I know) and Edith Piaf (in French).

Comment

I did that one the other way around once. Back when I worked for a restaurant and had to wear a uniform, some days I would stop at the grocery store on my way home for milk, etc.

Since I was in a uniform (not the same color theme as that store, though) I was always to locate stuff.

One day I had had a really bad day and stood in the cereal isle perusing the offerings, a little old lady started of with "Excuse me....." I turned around and snarled "I DON'T WORK HERE!!!"

To which the little old lady shakily replied "Oh, dear, I just wanted to ask you to move your cart."

Ooops.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
              The song is "Black Denim Trousers And Motorcycle Boots", in versions by Vaughn Monroe, The Cheers (original version, as far as I know) and Edith Piaf (in French).
              Yep, that's the song I was referring to.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X