This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just happened

I was waiting for my mum in the bank. She was in a side-room. My nan was also with me. There was a queue with three people in it. That's right; three.

This er... 'man' came swaggering in wearing a tatty pair of jeans, pristine white trainers, a blingy necklace and a tank top. He was probably in his late 50's. Anyway, he kicked up a storm and started swearing and stuff because there was a queue.

"There's no need to be so rude. They're going as fast as they can!" I told him.

He turned to me and said, "Who do you think you are, my fucking mother?!"

So I just laughed at him and then said, "How old do you think I am?"

After that, he called me a bitch, then shut up and just glared at me the whole time. Then he stormed out, calling the cashiers "fucking slow bitches" and other things and that "he doesn't have time for this" and cursed all the way out the door.

Thing is, my nan said that I was wrong for calling him out on his rude ways, because I got involved, it's nothing to do with me, I don't know those cashiers, why would I stick up for them?

I HATE that mentality. I'm a good person. I do NOT want to just stand back and watch someone getting cursed out or bitched at. I had to deal with customers standing by and watching me suffer at the hands of a nasty customer and it isn't very nice.

I'm proud of what I did. Even though he cursed at ME, I don't care. I did the right thing.

Yes you did. Your Nan is just a different kind of person from a different era.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      Yes you did. Your Nan is just a different kind of person from a different era.
      Makes me glad I'm not a part of that era then. Although to be honest, it doesn't seem that different now. I always love it when people call out people's rudeness. It's so rare though!

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
        Thing is, my nan said that I was wrong for calling him out on his rude ways, because I got involved, it's nothing to do with me, I don't know those cashiers, why would I stick up for them?
        She might have been worried that he would get violent with you.

Still, you did the right thing, and there were half a dozen (at least) witnesses, so if the jerk did try something he wouldn't get away with it.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke
            Wow. Well played.

Yes, as an employee who who was taking a verbal assault one day, I was quite flattered when another customer in line stuck up for me. That customer spoke to the evil person on their way out the door. Evil person came back to "apologize" to me. (sort of)

Comment

I agree, you did the right thing and it was brave, too. I can't stand aggressive people throwing their weight around over trivial things like a three person queue. I've been in the cashiers position before now and am very grateful when good customers call out SC's like that!

Comment

Working...
              X