This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed means...

Part of Hubby's evening shift duties is locking up certain Port-owned parks after dusk.

Let's try this again

He stopped at one park and had to kick out a woman so he could lock the parking lot gate. He drove to the next park, where there was a familiar looking car.

The woman complained that she'd just been kicked out of the first park and she didn't think he'd get there that fast. She accused him of following her. He pointed out that all parks close at dusk and that's just what he was doing.

He didn't see her after that. She must have given up and gone home or became another security guard's problem.

When you discover that the park hours are actually enforced at one park, why would you think they wouldn't be enforced at the next one?

You wrote the rules

Not Hubs, but apparently one of his coworkers was locking up a park and happened to kick out someone on the Port Authority and his family. Said person complained to the head office that "it wasn't dusk enough yet" to be locking up the park.

Granted, "dusk" is a somewhat subjective term, but if he wants something more specific, he's actually in a position to change it, so instead of whining to the firm you hired to close the park at "dusk", maybe decide on a more specific time? Hmm? Oh right, forgot where I was at for a moment.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

At least the closing's not until dusk. I know of one county park that closes the gates at 4:00 pm. Yep, 4:00. In the summer, when it doesn't get dark until after 9!

I might or might not have been riding in a vehicle that might or might not have technically-speaking broken out of said park after 4:00. Twice.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It makes me laugh that the first thought that crossed her mind was "you're following me!" rather than the fact it's dusk and they're all closing at the same time.

As for that last one... reeks of 'one rule for me, another for everyone else.'

I remember once, the area manager for Poundland dropped by. A few weeks earlier he'd enforced a "no drinks allowed on shop floor" when he found out that GASP the cashiers had bottled water under their tills in a heatwave!

So, he swanned in and was walking around, on his phone, which isn't allowed anyway, and drinking a can of cola...

I mean, I get that you're not working IN the shop, but for the company itself, but you're still ON the shop floor drinking and talking on your phone! I wouldn't mind so much if it was work related but he appeared to be taking a personal call!

Comment

Working...
      X