This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Parents

If you are going to add your child in for the day, or cancel their booking, can you please LET US KNOW?! Our site agreement forbids us from being on-site between 10am-2pm, so we don't always get messages.

We had a few parents today who were on site for a school function and decided they'd take their kid home afterwards...without letting us know. Under law, we have to ring the police if that happens.

Oh and whichever parent thought that it was a good idea to let their child bring in WHOLE ALMONDS into a NUT-FREE school is an idiot.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

If they let that parent in the school, how "nut-free" can it be?
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

And I can just hear it: 'But, but Almonds are not nuts!!'
      Funny thing is technically they are not, they are the seed of a type of fruit similar to a peach.

Comment

For some reason, this comes to mind when I think of nuts and my childhood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyj_QMLPoKs

LOL
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Rodimal View Post
          Funny thing is technically they are not, they are the seed of a type of fruit similar to a peach.
          Unfortunately we have a flat ban on peanuts, tree nuts and whole egg products at this particular site. Other sites are generally just nut-free, but we have a higher number of kids with food allergies and a few who are vegetarian or vegan. (Not anal-retentive about it though so if we give a vegetarian kid vegemite he's not going to freak.)

Comment

Quoth Rodimal View Post
            And by that rationalization, peanuts would be allowed because they are legumes

Though one could get away with corn nuts because they are just parched corn and not anything nut related at all.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
              a few who are vegetarian or vegan. (Not anal-retentive about it though so if we give a vegetarian kid vegemite he's not going to freak.)
              Huh? I thought vegemite was vegetarian.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Huh? I thought vegemite was vegetarian.
                Vegemite says it is suitable for both vegetarians and vegans.
                "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                  Vegemite says it is suitable for both vegetarians and vegans.
                  Hmm...for some reason I was told to use our gluten-free alternative with them. Not sure why. (I have one kid who's gluten-free and vego, the other vegos are not allergic)

That said, I seem to have a sudden rash of vegetarianism at work . Why? Because the vegetarian kids get a slightly modified version of what everyone else gets for afternoon tea and suddenly that's more desirable. (We have 2 vegan children, but they're easier to cater for)

Comment

Working...
                  X