Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Doesn't Get Much Dumber Than This...

http://consumerist.com/2014/07/31/zo...to-pet-a-lion/

Woman claims she was let into the back by a zoo employee and told she could pet a lion, which (for reasons only known to the lion) bit off part of her finger. Zoo claims the woman was trespassing and specifically told NOT to try and pet the lion.

Why is it I believe the zoo and not the woman?

How friggin' stupid does someone need to be to do this?? It's not a PET. It's a wild animal. Geeeeez.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"Aww, lookit the big fluffy kitty! Who's a nice big fluffy kit-- OWW! AAAAGGGHH!"

Um, yeah. There's a reason people keep housecats rather than lions for pets. Idiot obviously has nothing between her ears.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Even domesticated cats can eviscerate you if you mishandle them....

Most animals, wild or not, will give you SOME kind of warning sign they want you to leave their personal space, and most people are just too dumb to see them or think the animal in question is "being cute" "Oh look! He's smiling at us!"

The only difference is, you ignore kitty, you get a scratch. You ignore Simba, you lose limbs.
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Too bad she didn't stick her empty head in the cage . . .

Comment

Why big cats are bad pets.
            This sanctuary does not allow petting the big cats, even those (servals, bobcats) which were once pets.
            I don't believe for one second that she was told it was OK to pet those big cats--more like cat-litter-for-brains wanted to hear or interpret the warnings that way.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I vaguely recall seeing a video of a few guys in Iraq or some other Middle Eastern country--where it is perfectly legal to own big cats--petting a big male lion...

When suddenly it turns, growls, and bites one of them.

Yeah, not a good idea...
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
              X