Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't I'll be watching it. It seems too much like the 80s and 90s superhero movies. Like it's not been given the proper respect it deserves the way Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Iron Man and the Avengers have been given. Guardians of the Galaxy deserved the same.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
      I think that the Guardians of the Galaxy does a fine job of presenting the characters. Yes, it does play on some humour but it is hard not to when one character is a talking raccoon and another is a walking tree. I walked several superhero movies in the 80s and 90s, and none of them can compare with GotG. The plot is actually believable, which is more than I can say about way too many superhero movies, and while they could have portrayed Rocket and Groot in a really cheesy manner I am happy to say that they did the complete opposite - both characters came across as very believable and were not just there for the laughs either.

I would say that anybody should at least give the movie a chance before writing it off. You may be surprised.
      If anyone is there for the laughs, I'd say Star-Lord. At least at the beginning
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        If anyone is there for the laughs, I'd say Star-Lord. At least at the beginning
        "Oh, sorry! I...I don't know how this thing works."

That line cracked me up for several minutes.
        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
        "What IS fun to fight through?"
        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
          "Oh, sorry! I...I don't know how this thing works."

That line cracked me up for several minutes.
          I think I'm going to go with the lip-syncing at the beginning. Especially when he picks up the little rat-thing and uses it as a microphone (Don't worry, not plot-related)

That line also had me in giggles.

If you guys can see it in IMAX, it's definitely worth it.

Comment

did anyone else see Thor's companion? BRB?
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

For those of you who are interested, check this out: https://www.ebgames.com.au/loot-2044...ad-Figure-Loot

It's Dancing Groot! (and yes, I plan on getting one)

Comment

GROOT!! *squees*
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Epic movie, have also just ordered that pop figure of groot

Comment

Working...
                  X