This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no small t-shirts

I had a customer come up to me. He looked pretty pissed off. He yells at me why can't he find any small t-shirts in this entire store. The first thing I do, is show him a couple of small t-shirts. However he indicates he was talking about packages. Which would of been helpful to know in the first place. I take him to Men's underwear, and I show him some packages of small, that we have in packages. Then he was like, I was talking about these, and points to a certain style.

In the style he wanted, we do not carry any smalls, it goes from 2x-M. I check to see if there is a sticker, for small, there is none, which means we do not carry small in that style. He ranting and raving about the lack of smalls. I look around to find something similar in a small. I find something, but he doesn't want it because it is a V-neck. I apologies, and offer to look up online to see if we carried more sizes, or styles that came in small that are similar. He we was like no, I will keep on looking, I figured he was going to go to another store. So I bid him farewell.

As I walk away I see him squatting down, looking at the same spot as before. If you looked there and there was no small, and I went and looked, and there was no small, what makes you think a small will magically pop up. I showed him the best alternatives, and told him that we didn't carry that size in that style are you really going to waste time looking for something that isn't there.

I get being frustrated that a store doesn't carry something what you want or need. I even understand being grumpy about it. However he was rude about it, the way he spoke as if I went and hid all the smalls away from him, and was just denying him what he wanted because I could.

He probably assumed that the magical backroom fairy would bring out a package of the smalls in his style, just for him, but only if he stared at the peg/shelf spot it's on long enough.

Sorry, dude, but if you're expecting the backroom fairy, you're gonna have to use the magic words. You know, the ones that SCs rarely use, because it requires them to acknowledge that others are just as important as they are. The ones that we had drummed into our heads when we were kids. Yes, those words. I promise, it won't kill you to say 'em. It might deflate your ego, but it won't kill you. "Please," and "Thank you."

Of course, that doesn't mean that what you're looking for will magically appear. Don't be silly. Magic doesn't exist!
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Wow, that kind of behaviour would do my nut in. You literally bent over backwards for this guy and he just threw it in your face. Fuck him. On second thoughts, don't.

Comment

As my grandma used to say, "If they ain't got it, they ain't got it."
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I love it when I see people doing that, as if your efforts were insufficient for their liking and if they spend that extra five minutes searching, their desired item will magically appear.

Oh and by love I mean loathe

Comment

Working...
          X