Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't even work here! And neither does he!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    You wouldn't want to work for a jerk like that anyway.

I'd suggest to the woman in the OP that she work for a few months in retail to see what she's putting other people through, but I've a feeling any lessons she might learn would bounce right off her concrete skull.
    No she would whinge about how mean everybody coming into the store is mean to *her* - not bothering to think that they are mean to a generic retail drone, not because it is her specifically.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      not because it is her specifically.
      Or they could be other retail drones from other stores, being mean to her specifically, because she was such a bitch to them.

Flip side is that if someone were nice to her, because they are nice to everyone, she'd make it all about her too. Seems like the kind of person she is.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
        I know I'd have to worry once some corporate bigwig actually APPROVES of a termination because "even our store employees should be helpful to OUR customers even when they shop off the clock in other stores and offer the help they need...all in the name of customer service!"
        I had a manager at one place I worked that did indeed expect we behave that way. She even implied that we'd get written up if she found out we weren't. Luckily, I lived on the other side of the river from the store and didn't really have to worry about running into any "regulars". I would have loved to have seen her try it.

But she was also one of those people that thought you should be smiling all the time. No thanks, I don't want to look like a loon. Besides, if I'm concentrating on that, I'm not really paying attention to the customers.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

She must have been completely out of her tree mad. I sincerely hope that whoever she works for doesn't employ three year olds, haha. Then again, I'd imagine they'd do a better job at most things, if her powers of observation are any indication of her competency!

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            No she would whinge about how mean everybody coming into the store is mean to *her* - not bothering to think that they are mean to a generic retail drone, not because it is her specifically.
            Yep, same as an acquaintance that got shitty because the clerk in the store had to ask a colleague to do an ID check on her. Not because she was underage but because the Clerk was. She's so incensed she doesn't want to go back in the shop....
            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              I had a manager at one place I worked that did indeed expect we behave that way. She even implied that we'd get written up if she found out we weren't.
              Considering you're not getting paid while you're off the clock, wouldn't it be illegal to write you up for something you're doing on your own time?
              Quoth Pagan View Post
              But she was also one of those people that thought you should be smiling all the time.
              Fine then, she should hire this fellow.

He's always smiling, and by the time he's done, everyone around will be smiling too...
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
              X