This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short, sweet and stupid

Today at the supermarket, partner and I did a mass grocery run. We get to the checkout and start unloading our stuff. The checkout lady was scanning another customer's groceries while we were loading up.

Out of nowhere, this lady rocks up with her tub of yoghurt and asks the checkout lady if she can scan her ONE ITEM. Take note, this is mid-transaction and the customer asked the CHECKOUT operator, NOT us.

Cashier told lady to go to self-serve, then admitted to us that it happened "all the time." Luckily she didn't put up with it.

To checkout lady,
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Scan, as in check out and pay for? Weird. I've had customers asking for a quick price check. Yes it was rude of them to ask mid-transaction and yes, I'd generally do it because it got them out of the way so I could keep scanning.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Good for her! When I worked at Land of Quid I'd get quite a few customers ask me if I would just scan their item through for them while I was mid-transaction with someone else. I'd kindly tell them to get lost, unless my customer at the time actually said, "I don't mind" and then I'd put their item through. But they wouldn't get my best customer service, that's for sure!

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        Scan, as in check out and pay for? Weird.
        Our register used to have a function where we could price check something without adding it to a customer's order, but this was a different company.

Quoth Evannah View Post
        Good for her! When I worked at Land of Quid I'd get quite a few customers ask me if I would just scan their item through for them while I was mid-transaction with someone else.
        I NEVER had this come up at my previous job. I'd have customers ask me mid-scan for things, but never to cut the line!
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm actually kind of surprised that the customer the cashier was checking out didn't quip, "Sure! And you can pay for my stuff too, since she's ringing ME up right now!"

Yup, both said that and heard it when I was a cashier. It was all I could do not to laugh as a cashier, though.
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
          X