This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This SC just "rocks"!

One of the things we deal with here at <red checkmark> is people who try and tell us that they didn't actually send in a cracked or broken phone for a warranty claim. Obviously, neither they nor us want to eat the $600 charge for such an error but someone has to and in most cases, it shouldn't be us.

In days of yore, these situations were tricky because we couldn't actually see what was sent back and had to basically make a judgment call as to whether or not we thought the customer was are telling the truth. While it seems obvious the great majority of those calls would go against the customer, we have the oft sighted invertebrate manager who says otherwise.

Tired of giving up credits for legitimately broken phones, corporate came up with a solution. Now when phones are sent to us they get photographed and those pictures are stored in a database all the reps have access to. This actually makes my job entertaining. It's fun to listen to an SC try and claim they didn't send us a broken phone when half the screen is, you know, MISSING.

Or the guy that swears up and down it must have happened in transit despite the fact the box we got in was in nearly perfect condition. Sure buddy, you think by some miracle of physics your phone got a huge chip knocked off its casing and yet the box the phone was in at the time somehow emerged without a scratch?

Two weeks ago we had a good one though.

As is usual in these cases, the customer was swearing up and down she shouldn't have been charged for not returning a working device.

As is also usual, I pull up the pictures to take a look. The pictures include the box that was sent to us...and a large rock in the box.

Yep, no phone just a big flat rock.

I'm the sure the warehouse guys got a kick out of this when they saw it too.

Now I understand you're pissed lady but all I have are pictures of a rock. I'm not saying you actually SENT us a rock but that's what was received. If you think someone at the USPS pilfered your phone (which is plausible) you have to take it up with THEM, not us. That $600 charge ain't going anywhere until we, you know, actually get a PHONE back.

That's not acceptable to you? I'm sorry to hear that but again I can't give you a $600 credit for a rock. Try the Museum of Natural history, they may be interested.

You want to speak to my manager? Sure, no problem but don't expect him to give you a credit for a rock either.

On second thought, I wonder if she might have had a case if the warranty had been for a Tablet instead?

I could go on all day, but despite the fun I'm having, this woman was absolutely furious. I can't say I blame her if she did in fact NOT send us a rock, but if she was trying to scam us for a credit, she failed utterly and spectacularly.

And on that note, I find myself singing Jennifer Lopez:

"...don't be fooled by the rocks that I got..."
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 08-10-2014, 06:35 PM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Somehow, I don't think she was scamming, I think it was stolen in transit. Why on EARTH would she think she could get away with it? Even if you DIDN'T take any pictures, they would have the rock as proof!

Comment

Woah that's weird. I don't know why anyone would send in a rock rather than a phone, so I too think it was probably stolen in transit.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
        Woah that's weird. I don't know why anyone would send in a rock rather than a phone, so I too think it was probably stolen in transit.
        She probably heard too many stories about people buying and selling rocks on eBay.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

[Charlie Brown] I got a rock........ [/Charlie Brown]

Can't believe everyone is overlooking the easy answer, that the lady might just be crazy enough that she was making and accepting calls on that rock for years without issue on her end!
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I'm thinking she farmed out actually mailing the phone back to an offspring... who then had the bright idea of keeping the phone, since who's gonna know, right? Um... about that...
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

If she was trying to scam you, then hopefully the rock she sent you guys keeps tigers away and now she's at their mercy.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Even worse if you told her the rock was now... ...wait for it... BRICKED!

Comment

I'm dithering between 'stolen in transit' and ' I'll bung in a rock, it's not as if anyone's going to actually open the box to check'
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Believable

Quoth Kittish View Post
                    I'm thinking she farmed out actually mailing the phone back to an offspring... who then had the bright idea of keeping the phone, since who's gonna know, right? Um... about that...
                    Is it bad that I find that all too believable if it was a teenager?

Worse a teenager she was taking the phone back from but she left the shipping box with the phone unattended for too long?

Comment

Working...
                    X