X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer "brain burps" and I get my first "I don't work here"

Ok, this is kind of an amusing story.

The Mrs. and I were at a local bookstore that has the letters B&N in it.

We're browsing in the children's section while our son is reading a book nearby. We're commenting on some of the books (one was in the wrong place), when a guy wanders over and asks us where a certain book was.

I'm perplexed, and say, "I'm sorry, we don't work here..."

He was very nice about it, and said something like, "Oh, I'm sorry...you guys acted like you knew what you were doing." or something like that.

The Mrs. and I had a chuckle over that one.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

At least he was pleasant about the matter.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I had an experience like this in the store that sounds like Sinners. I was digging around, looking for a particular item, when this woman comes up to me in a huff, bitching about how she can't find an item, how poor this store was, blah blah blah.

I don't work there, but I decided to screw with her head and sent her on a wild goose chase looking for shit that I knew this store didn't carry, or sections that they didn't have. Finally, while I'm getting my purchases rung up, she had found a manager, and started freaking out that it was me who was messing with her.

The manager was completely confused, said that I was a regular customer, and that I had never worked there. This woman flies off the her nut, and I leave, happy with my purchases, and feeling a little sad, yet very pleased with myself.

Comment

Working...
      X