X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custies ask for help.

omg.

custie 1

I have been selling in "X" for a while and have walked every single inch of the store. yes, there may be new stuff here and there; but when you assist 8+ inventories a year and you have to inspect every single store planogram for integrity, you have pretty much seen everything a couple of times.

when I tell you we don't carry "Y", its because we don't carry "Y", don't sulk and roll your eyes, belly ache that you cannnnt believe "X" doesn't carry "Y".

bonus if you don't even know what the part looks like and spend 30 minutes in the store picking up random shit that could be shaped like the "Y" you're looking for. NO I AM NOT walking over there and unlocking and unpacking Apple VGA adapters because I know they're not even meant to be in the same sentence as your current needs.

custie 2

We have a line 3-4 deep, we are working as fast as we can to get things going, so forgive us that we don't abandon the registers when you walk in and ask your majesties needs. That's is not an invite to barge to the side of the customer we are helping and bellow out that you need help. It ticked the customer we were helping and didn't endear you to us. Nope, No, Nyet, I will not drop everything to see what you need, wait your turn and I will assist you.

custie 3

Yes, I don't know everything, but you will surprised that many people want to do the same thing you are trying to do, hence I know different ways of accomplishing your goal and will suggest items and ways of doing it; Since you don't know how to do it and asked me how to get it done.

Please stop interrupting me and telling me all my solutions are wrong; then lecture me with 5 minutes of rebuttal for every suggestion I had made. I don't know why you were so surprised and somewhat bewildered when I bowed down to your expertise and tactically excused myself to assist other customers that 'truly' needed my help.

custie 4

We require two forms of valid ID to run your credit, the computer will ask me that I have verified two forms, it was in my training, it is a requirement I committed to follow and could cause me serious job issues if I choose to ignore it.

Believe it or not, a pre paid credit card is NOT a valid second form, neither is your bus pass, nor your 'uncle', baby mama, or whatever is next to you. ps. neither is 'you have seen me here before'.

custie 5

You want an iPhone on a two year, you don't care to know plans, actual monthly charges, your only concern is final out the door for 3 phones (nothing suspicious there of course). your ID is a good fake and when called on it you mention its a copy you carry because you don't like to carry the real one. 'just run it you say'. it. ain't. happening.

β€œThe whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
    ― Bertrand Russell

I HATE custie number ones! They ask me for a product that I don't even know what it is and when I say we don't sell it they ask, "Do you even know what it is?" and when I say, "No." they say, "Then how do you know that you don't sell it???"

If we sold it I would know what it is wouldn't I? I stock the shelves, do the ordering, put things back when they are in the wrong place (Some by coworkers, some by customers). I work at a small gas station. Tonight I just replanogrammed ALL OF OUR CANDY! (stupid corporate listening to what the customers want ;P) so it will take a couple of days to reprogram my brain.

Comment

Quoth Josh View Post
      custie 5

You want an iPhone on a two year, you don't care to know plans, actual monthly charges, your only concern is final out the door for 3 phones (nothing suspicious there of course). your ID is a good fake and when called on it you mention its a copy you carry because you don't like to carry the real one. 'just run it you say'. it. ain't. happening.

"Just run my fake ID so I can walk out the door with $1,800 of electronics!"? She's lucky you didn't call LP and the police. I would have. And confiscated the fake ID while I was waiting.

Comment

Quoth Josh View Post
        custie 2

We have a line 3-4 deep, we are working as fast as we can to get things going, so forgive us that we don't abandon the registers when you walk in and ask your majesties needs. That's is not an invite to barge to the side of the customer we are helping and bellow out that you need help. It ticked the customer we were helping and didn't endear you to us.
        I hate customers who do this! And just once, I wish the customer they interrupt would call them on it. "Excuse me, but I am currently being served, and until I am done, you'll have to wait your turn, like we all learned how to do way back in kindergarten."
        Quoth Josh View Post
        custie 5

...your ID is a good fake and when called on it you mention its a copy you carry because you don't like to carry the real one.
        Oh gosh, nothing at all suspicious about that, is there?! Doesn't everyone carry fake IDs so they don't have to carry their real ones?! [/sarcasm]

I think a call to the manager and/or the police would be in order. And I agree with sirwired, confiscate that fake ID!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Custie type 3s piss me right off. If you already have a plan, list, diagram, or innate knowledge on how to do what you want, why in the blue blazes are you asking me for advice, then telling me I'm wrong when I come up with good reasons for why my suggestion may actually be better for you?!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Our AdLady here at the paper has been grousing about a couple of custy's doing that lately -- They send us a (often very vague) idea of what they want, say they want it to stand out and catch people's eyes...AdLady makes one to suit that we all agree looks good and is effective...which the customer rejects out of hand, saying it's "busy" -- only to go back and forth with us until they get the absurdly simplistic, plain and (sometimes) even ugly ad that they REALLY wanted, but didn't ask for x.x Bonus points when one of the things they object to is a logo or image *they sent us in the first place*

In other words -- AdLady went to school for this for six years AND has real world experience on top of that. She knows what sells! Listen to her!
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Our AdLady here at the paper has been grousing about a couple of custy's doing that lately -- They send us a (often very vague) idea of what they want, say they want it to stand out and catch people's eyes...AdLady makes one to suit that we all agree looks good and is effective...which the customer rejects out of hand, saying it's "busy" -- only to go back and forth with us until they get the absurdly simplistic, plain and (sometimes) even ugly ad that they REALLY wanted, but didn't ask for x.x Bonus points when one of the things they object to is a logo or image *they sent us in the first place*

In other words -- AdLady went to school for this for six years AND has real world experience on top of that. She knows what sells! Listen to her!
              OMG YES to all of this. Just went around with an SC on this type of thing today.

"I want the ad to be bigger. MUCH bigger so it stands out more."

I do all her changes. "OK, ma'am, that will be $XXX"

Cue the Gasp of Horror. "You said it would be $YYY!"

"Yes, if we do the same type of ad you did last time. You can't make it bigger and still pay that price."

(Did you know you can hear a catbutt face over the the phone?) "Fine. Do it the same way as last time."
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm going to Hell in a handbasket. Well, at least I'll have a view. Oh, I will see the fire, through the rusty razor wire. Oh, don't you worry, I saved a seat for you. (Voltaire)
                MoonCat, don't know where your sig came from, but it's definitely not a quote from Voltaire. He was French, so it's unlikely that he'd write something that rhymed in English. More conclusively, did a Wikipedia search, and it said that he died in 1778, while razor wire (Wiki redirects to "barbed tape") was first manufactured during WW1 (with ordinary barbed wire first patented in the U.S. in 1867, with the first concept proposed in France in 1860). Clearly, he would never have known about the stuff.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

That's a quote from Voltaire, the musician. Aurelio Voltaire Hernandez

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltaire_(musician)

Comment

MoonCat -- I've got something that should send chills down your spine...and those of anyone who works with graphics, at all.

As part of our ad-making, we're willing to go out to client's locations to take pictures for them if they don't have any appropriate ones to send us - even the non-'professional' cameras that I use are more than adequate for this (hey, I'm IT, not a real photog ). We are glad to do this, in part, because the alternative is normally "Oh, just grab something off of our FaceBook page!" ...*shudder*...Those are OK for a webpage/logo...or maybe a smaller ad (say 10" ads or smaller (5"x2.5"), where the actual image is no larger than 1/4 of that space at the most), but sometimes people say to do this for half-pagers or better (and we use a "tall" tabloid format). We would rather come up with our own design or modify some clipart than use something that fugly.

Say it with me now, class: "100x100px JPEGS do not scale well when they're blown up to 5 inches across!" O_O

(For those who don't know graphics: My avatar is 100x75px. Imagine blowing that puppy up to 10 or 15 times its current size)
                    Last edited by EricKei; 08-16-2014, 08:23 PM.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      (For those who don't know graphics: My avatar is 100x75px. Imagine blowing that puppy up to 10 or 15 times its current size)
                      I did that. At 5x it looks like a Lego mosaic. Cool!
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Heehee. And now you know why we don't use pics from FB or other "pre-shrunk" images on ads if it can be avoided. Even if it's really the custy's fault that they don't have a clear pic, it looks bad on US if we publish an ad that looks like crap.

Comment

The SC I hate is the one who says, "I've walked all over the store and I CAN'T FIND {product X}! YOUR STORE IS LAID OUT WRONG!"

Translation: "I stood still for five seconds and the product didn't fall into my outstretched hands, therefore I can't find it."

The worst example of this was the guy standing next to the sugar, wanting... sugar. Maybe what he ought to be looking for was Specsavers?
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                          X