This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding Out After Dark

Heard this one from Daria today and also from Baby Beavis(who is now our Evening Manager.)

This past Saturday night, someone apparently slipped into the store before closing time and somehow hid inside the ice cream freezer.

Our freezer doors are hard to pull open (at least for me.) They have a pretty tight seal around them as well as the fact that it's well below zero in there to begin with. There is also a push button inside the door to allow someone who is inside to be able to get out (safety feature.)

Baby Beavis was closing MOD and he and office person both left around 10:50 pm. Our store closes at 10pm, and we make closing announcements every 5-10 minutes beginning at 9:30 all the way until we close, so there's no way I can see where this person didn't know we closed at 10.

Security camera footage shows someone walking out from the freezer and out onto the salesfloor onto one of the aisles - but they only see a set of legs on camera - person didn't walk down far enough the aisle to be filmed in his (or her) entirety, then walked to the back room area.

Apparently this person then went through the grocery back room and into the Receiving area and attempted to get out both the doors that are back there (there's one by my desk and another door on the opposite side of the room directly across from the baler that will take you out into the back of the shopping center. This person in the end didn't get out either door, but alarms sounded off b/c the bars were pushed, so the camera partially catches the person back up front and he (or she) pushed out one of the front electric doors to make their escape.

So now b/c of this, the MODs will have to check all coolers and freezers prior to closing as well as not allowing ANY employee to leave the premises until all the closing duties are finished.

Also, Corporate is wanting to write up this incident as a customer lock-in rather than suspicious incident (which to me it's definitely the latter b/c most folks wouldn't think to deliberately hide in a freezer unless they are looking to rob the place after closing.)

We have some strange goings on and it's not good . . .
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

That's.... different. Wouldn't you be afraid of being sealed in the freezer overnight?! o.O
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Was anything stolen, or did the thiefsicle escape empty-handed?

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
        Was anything stolen, or did the thiefsicle escape empty-handed?
        AFAIK, the Thiefcicle left empty handed. But it's still strange that he (or she) would choose to hide inside a freezer of all places . . .
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Could have been a test run to see how you/the facility would react, whether procedures will be changed, etc. They could have been hoping to find keys, passwords, etc.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            So now b/c of this, the MODs will have to check all coolers and freezers prior to closing as well as not allowing ANY employee to leave the premises until all the closing duties are finished.
            And if one employee needs to catch the last bus on a given route, but another employee is a lazy bastard who takes forever with their closing duties? Will the mandatory "stay on the premises until everyone finishes their closing duties" be on the clock or off? If off, then I'd guess it's illegal (employer is dictating what employee must do at that time, therefore it needs to be paid). If on, how long before corporate loses their shit about the extra labour hours and associated expense (not to mention the possibility of breaking a carefully-crafted schedule by giving someone enough hours that the company is required to provide them with health insurance)?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X