This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vamonos Pest drama

No, we didn't hire Vamonos Pest, but a large national pest control chain that shall be referred to as Vamonos Pest or VP.

Also, hi! Been a really long time since I posted around here. This was just too insane to keep to myself!

We're in a first floor apartment and there's been construction in the basement for the past few months while they build another apartment down there. We didn't really have pest issues until they started doing that, but since then there have been a few mice and some bugs. The mice have been really annoying because we've had to throw away so many groceries after we found they had got into them.

Our new landlord is awesome, though. Every building will have problems - especially when you're tearing up the basement. He's willing to deal with the issues, though. He has VP out every 2 months to keep an eye on the building, but he called them for a special visit to our apartment to mitigate the issues while things are crazy. In doing so, he had VP call us to schedule a time that would work for us. This afternoon was the scheduled time.

The person who would normally come to our building was on vacation, so they set up a replacement to cover his appointments during his break. This woman who was going to come check the place out - who I shall henceforth refer to as R - called and as soon as she heard anything about work going on, she tried to deflect and say reschedule for Monday when the guy who would normally cover the appointment is back. This was also interspersed with a lot of stuff we know wasn't true about how they couldn't do anything about holes where mice might come in, etc., - the head office had told us differently. They can stuff them with copper mesh or steel wool. My husband (H) said we couldn't reschedule and we really needed them to keep the appointment they made today. He's very nice to people - especially when he's the customer. He knows they put up with a lot of crap, so this wasn't said in a nasty way.

Later H called VP dispatch because he had a suspicion something was up and learn that our appointment had been rescheduled for Monday. H told them at dispatch that we had not told R to reschedule. Dispatch (D) was like "Oh crap!" and set the appointment back up for today

R gives H another call after this and moans some more and then tells him that she can come and look, but she won't be able to do anything. She doesn't have time because she has a doctor's appointment. Well, at least we've been given a reason for why she's been trying to wriggle out of this now? Not that we needed to know she was seeing a doctor at all. At this point, H has about had it. He doesn't yell, but he does matter-of-factly say that he really doesn't care and that's a problem that needed to be sorted out with her employer. We need the appointment kept and we need this stuff handled.

R FLIPS OUT on him and starts literally screaming about how rude, insensitive, and disrespectful he is, he doesn't know her medical condition, etc., etc. H tried to jump in and tell her that he didn't need to know any of this. It really needs to be sorted out with her employer, but she hung up on him.

H comes to tell me what had happened. I had heard his side of the convo, but he was far enough away I wasn't picking up any of her side. At that point, I told him I didn't want her in my home and he agreed.

He calls dispatch and got transferred to a big boss (B). In his convo with B and D he learns that R had also attempted to throw D under the bus about the rescheduling that wasn't supposed to happen. They apologized and sent a manager out to keep the appointment and take care of the issues. He was good, knew his stuff, and was a nice guy.

Last we knew, no one even knew where R was. She clearly didn't keep her appointment with us.
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

How extremely unprofessional. Sure a doctor's appointment is a valid reason not to handle a case, but not a valid reason to just outright screw the customer. R should have made sure that someone else covered for her. You don't just blow a customer off like that.

Any bets R used to work for a cable company?
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
      I'm thinking that R may be out of a job for her stunt today. If not, she should be.
      The lovely thing about that is if she loses her job over it, she has my husband's phone number and our address since it's a house call kind of job. Lovely, right? She's already proved herself a bit of a drama queen, so who knows.

Comment

Quoth Cookie View Post
        The lovely thing about that is if she loses her job over it, she has my husband's phone number and our address since it's a house call kind of job. Lovely, right? She's already proved herself a bit of a drama queen, so who knows.
        And cops are such wonderful people! They're really good about giving free rides, including shiny bracelets to people who really deserve them!

Tell your building manager about her and why you don't want her on the premises, period. Too bad you can't give him a description, as she never showed up. It will at least put him on guard if someone shows up asking about your location or name.

Speaking as someone who had to dispatch techs to do repairs, that drama llama would have been told to return to the shop and fired. We had enough problems with customers being gits, that we didn't need techs who were too.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I think you overestimated the staff at my building. This is a privately owned building with very few units. I have a landlord and he had a go to handy man sort of person he sends out for maintenance. No management company or publicly listed number or email for the landlord. There's no office, or lobby, or anyone for her call or to go to and find out info about us. If she had shown up or called to harass or if she still does, calling the cops is at the top of the response list.

Comment

Working...
          X