This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're not qualified!!!!

This happened at my local post office. I missed hearing the first part of the conversation, but from what I gathered, the guy was mad because the post office didn't put a note on the outside of his PO Box that he had more mail in a bin in the back.

POG: Post office guy
    SC: you know this one
    OC: Other customer

SC is waiting in line. He is an older guy with a cane and an obvious limp.

POG: May I help the next person in line?

SC hobbles up to the counter and begins his exchange with POG... suddenly I hear:

SC: This is unacceptable!

I look over, and POG has put one of those mail totes up on the counter. The tote has a small amount of mail inside.

SC continues: I'm handicapped! They didn't put a note up!

POG: When the mailbox is full, we put a bin down for the extra mail.

SC: But I'm handicapped! That's too heavy! They shouldn't do that to someone who's handicapped!

POG: They have no way to know that. They assume everyone is healthy.

SC: That's unacceptable. I want to speak to your supervisor!

POG: Alright sir, if you step over to that door there, the supervisor will be right over.

The SC grabs the bucket by one handle, letting it dangle with the small amount of mail inside. He then starts limping over to the indicated door.

SC: How am I supposed to manage this? It's heavy!

OC: Would you like a hand?

SC: No, I'm fine. he then briefly turns off SC mode: That was nice of you to offer.

I miss most of the rest of the exchange, because he's around the corner. But apparently he didn't get what he wanted from the manager, because he stormed out and yelled behind him at the supervisor as the door was closing.

SC: YOU'RE NOT QUALIFIED!

SC leaves.

POG to OC: He's just someone looking for a little attention. Didn't want to pull his mail out to get the notice. And he has the nerve to put Church of <Somethingorother> on his PO Box.
Working...
X