This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subway adventure with ingredients

Stood behind a guy recently who had the list from work. This was great, except the list called for ingredients that this Subway does not have.

This guy was there to get four sandwiches, including his. He got his fine, but:

1. Second sandwich called for cucumber sauce, which they don't have.
    2. Third sandwich called for Cajun sauce, which they don't have. He settled for that really hot sauce called Sriracha. I wish I could've seen that outcome as that sauce is really hot.
    3. Fourth sandwich at least went without a hitch.

Guy had to call each person back to explain what Subway didn't have, which took about five minutes. In the end, the cucumber sauce had to be changed to ranch, I think.

It wasn't a catastrophe, but I have a feeling other Subways have this stuff. Not sure, but would love to know.

We have beetroot and garlic aioli.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Some have both green and black olives, others only black olives.

And the one at the CNE food building doesn't have the avocado or spinach that Subway's been advertising for some time. It also didn't have spoons, soups, shredded cheese or cups for tap water.

Maybe it's because that Subway, like the CNE, will only be there for three weeks.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

As far as I know, the nearest Subway to our house doesn't have either cucumber or Cajun sauce, but I could be wrong......I've only ordered with sweet onion sauce.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          We have beetroot and garlic aioli.
          Bit of a nit-pick, but "garlic aioli" and "shrimp scampi" are a couple terms I can't stand, since they're redundant - the names are derived from "garlic" and "shrimp" (respectively) in a foreign language, so it's not necessary to include the English name for the food in question.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Bit of a nit-pick, but "garlic aioli" and "shrimp scampi" are a couple terms I can't stand, since they're redundant - the names are derived from "garlic" and "shrimp" (respectively) in a foreign language, so it's not necessary to include the English name for the food in question.
            except people make scampi and aioli with otuher things as well, like a lemon aioli with is a lemon and garlic sauce or lobster scampi which is made basically the same way the shrimp one is but with lobster or with both shrimp and lobster. since these may have different names in italian or what have you but are basically the same thing but with a different or added ingredients the English speakers like to simplify the name so we know what is basically the same

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              I worked at a pizza place that sold lasagna. A big pan was made, then it was cut into servings and refrigerated. When ordered, they heat it up in the over after topping it with sauce and cheese. When the owner's son was complaining about how people kept ordering the baked lasagna, we decided to see how far we take it. I think i won with the 'baked lasagna parmagian al forno' Actually thinking back i think i managed to add a few more adjectives to it.
              Seph
              Taur10
              "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I don't think the Subways here vary that much. I've never even noticed a variation between stores at all, come to think of it.
                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                  I don't think the Subways here vary that much. I've never even noticed a variation between stores at all, come to think of it.
                  It's almost that way with the ones I've been to in my area, the one exception being that most don't have "seafood salad" as a sandwich option anymore.

Comment

Seafood Sensation. Loved that one. I would like the chicken breast a lot more if more Subways would offer caesar dressing. A while ago is was far in between, now it seems like none of them have it.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                      Stood behind ....Guy had to call each person back
                      sigh. Why are "common courtesy" and "common sense" so misnamed?

No. You DON'T call people back from the queue about their sandwiches. You either A.) Take a best guess at a replacement and ask for it on the side, or B.) Step out of the line and let your sandwichees know what's up and then get back into line.

Comment

Working...
                      X